Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Mud Drags
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I talked with Ren this morning. He got the permits needed to build a dedicated track behind the North Pole Speedway. The first races will be in early June.
Sweet, now I have a goal to complete the bug by.Cool
I chatted with him last week - meant to post that info up as well. Thanks Ole.

We'll get all the race dates and post them soon.
I may pick up a set of 31" boggers today want to put them on the rolled 2dr S-10 blazer that I have after I cut a bunch of sheet metal off and do some welding, but with the baby coming, more realistic will be late in the summer if at all. Might need to be a summer build party if I can get the parts together.
I'm in i love to cut other people's junk up!! Big Grin
I'll try to make one race as usual. My XJ doesn't do well but it's fun. I actually got 3rd one year in class one. Maybe I can get started on tired iron and have it possibly ready this year.
Got rules?
Here are some old rules I had. I know some things changed but not sure what.

General Rules:
Seat belts and helmets required for driver and passenger.
No loose items in the vehicle. Battery must be secured.
Eye protection required in the form of goggles, face shield, or windshield.
Pit and track speed of 5mph at all times.
All vehicles must carry a fire extinguisher in reach of the driver at all times.
Must be at least 14 years of age to be in the pits.

Snowmachines:
Engine size: Open. Modification allowed.
Both feet must be on running boards while racing.
Rider must have shoes and pants.
Snowmachine must have a tether and mud flap.
Eye protection is required

Class 1
Engine: 4 or 6 cylinders, modifications and multiple carburetion permitted.
Nitrous/Blowers: Not permitted
Fuel: Gasoline and diesel only
Tires: DOT approved uncut street legal tires 38" max
Safety requirements: Seat belts or safety harness and helmet. Open top or soft top vehicles must have a minimum 4-point roll cage.
Passengers: One passenger permitted. Passengers are subject to all rules, regulations, and safety requirements as the driver.

Class 2
Engine: V-8, 370 CI and under, modifications and multiple carburetion permitted.
Tires: DOT approved uncut street legal tires 44" max
Safety requirements: Seat belts or safety harness and helmet. Open top or soft top vehicles must have a minimum 4-point roll cage.
Passengers: One passenger permitted. Passengers are subject to all rules, regulations, and safety requirements as the driver.

Class 3
Engine: V-8, 371 CI and over, modifications and multiple carburetion permitted.
Tires: DOT approved uncut street legal tires 44" max

Class 4
Engine: Any size/displacement, modification, multiple carburetion permitted.
Nitrous/Blowers: Permitted, however, a combination of the two is prohibited. If equipped with nitrous, a shut-off valve must be within easy reach of the driver. Bottle must be securely fastened to vehicle. If blower equipped, SFI approved straps and restraints are required.
Fuel: Gasoline, diesel, and alcohol are permitted
Tires: Farm implement, cut DOT, or other.
Safety requirements: 4 point safety harness and helmet. Open top or soft-top vehicles must have a minimum 6 point roll cage. Fire suit required with NOS or alcohol.
Passengers: One passenger permitted. Passengers are subject to all rules, regulations, and safety requirements as driver