Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Any one have freetime today?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I have to dismantle the old Ford I brought home. I'm going to try to pull everything but the front axle in the garage. The front clip is coming off first thing this morning, then the engine, Trans, and T-case. The axles are what I am after since I have them sold, but I need to pull the rest of the stuff while it's still on it's wheels. If anyone has time today and wants to hang out and turn wrenches, give me a call at 347-7763. I will be in the shop from 9-2 and then again from 6 to ?
I'll have to check with the wife, but when I get off work around 8 tonight I may be able to lend a hand if it's needed.
Front clip is off and the engine, drivelines, and t-case are pulled. I should be back in the garage by 6pm to pull the tranny and swap the rear axle for another. Also need to strip all the goodies off the engine so the shortblock can go to the dump.
Just got home, not gonna make it tonight.

Darn 25 yr old machines.
No problem Ryan came over tonight to lend a hand. Everything is pulled except the front axle. I'll turn the truck around and put it back in the garage in the morning and pull it.

The carnage inside the 300-6 was awsome. We pulled it apart just for the fun of it. Miraculously the head was untouched so I have a good spare.