Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Invitational; DrIven’ for Dimes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[FONT=&quot]Hello All!!! It's your AO Public Relations Rep here with an invitational announcement.

The Lions are putting on an event to raise money for the March of Dimes. I encourage us all to give our support to the community, go out and have a good time. Below is an excerpt of their radio commercial;

Fairbanks[/FONT][FONT=&quot] spring is here and the Fairbanks Off Road Lion’s are holding it’s first offroad event of the year. The first annual “DrIven’ for Dimes” on/off road ralley to support the March of Dimes. The exciting adventure will be held April 24th. This offroad classic is open for the novice to expert offroader and vehicles. There are a limited number of spaces so register early. The event starts at Pioneer Park with registrations from 9-11 and Tech inspection, drivers meeting 11-12. You will travel both road and offroad trails ending at Chatinika Lodge where there will be food, music, raffles, awards and door prizes. You can register the day of the event, at local auto parts stores and other businesses or on-line. You can also attend the evening activities at Chatinika Lodge at 6pm. Downlowd a pledge form because the person raising the most donations over $200 will receive an 8,000lb winch! Early regisrtations get a $10 discount. So come on Fairbanks gas up you rigs and come on out to support our children and the March of Dimes! See you the 24th 9am at Pioneer park. For further information please contact the Off Road Lion’s at 378-8240 or their website.

This is more of a public announcement, but I figured it fit as a trail ride too... Hope to see a lot of AO stickers out there!!! Big Grin

[/FONT]
I would like to remind everyone that this club pulled my post for Jake's run, They said it was because that not all of their members could go. So if some one has a problem with it let me know and i will pull it.
I say let it ride. One place I used to hang out was totally nuts about this and would castrate w/o warning.

There is so much cross-pollenization in town than friendly invites should be ok....

justimpact

i think that it is a great cause and i will be entering my vehicle in this event i think it would be great to see some support from our local off road brothers
Thread moved to General 4X4 due to it not being an Arctic Offroad run. We will leave it on here as an invite to people but I repeat this is NOT an Arctic Offroad event and we are in no way involved or affiliated with it.
I will not be attending.
I think this is a good thing, for a good cause.

I won't be attending because I don't have a wheelable rig that runs right now.

Unfortunately, because of some previous happenings and such, there are some bad vibes/feelings with some folks.

However, I don't think we need to do the ***-for-tat thing. If someone here has a problem with this run, so be it - don't go. But bringing stuff that shouldn't be brought up here up makes us look... not so goodish.

This is a neat idea, for a neat run, for a good cause. Someone who is going hit me up for a donation.
ChevyKev Wrote:However, I don't think we need to do the ***-for-tat thing. If someone here has a problem with this run, so be it - don't go. But bringing stuff that shouldn't be brought up here up makes us look... not so goodish.

This is a neat idea, for a neat run, for a good cause.

Well said and that is why we left it on here but not in the upcoming rides as it is not our ride.
FORL approached A.O's PR rep. to invite a fellow club to come to a public offroad event to have a good time and raise some money for a great cause, (one that just happened to help save my twin bro and sis's life) the thought was to have as many people from the offroad community be involved and enjoy our sport. There is a 8,000lb winch up for grabs for someone. How cool to get everyone involved and play. It is unfortunate that it had to immediately become advesarial to some.
I'll take you up on that ChevyKev!!! In fact, if anyone would like to donate to the March of Dimes, get with me on tomorrows trail ride, meeting, or shoot me a text/call at 590-7548.

I really do believe that the march of Dimes is a great organization and a worthy cause to support!

Heck, I think its awesome to be able to support it while doing what we like to do!

justimpact

SamuraiMike Wrote:I'll take you up on that ChevyKev!!! In fact, if anyone would like to donate to the March of Dimes, get with me on tomorrows trail ride, meeting, or shoot me a text/call at 590-7548.

I really do believe that the march of Dimes is a great organization and a worthy cause to support!

Heck, I think its awesome to be able to support it while doing what we like to do!

Dido! what he said if any one wants to donate and cant get a hold of mike call me 378-3199 or text
Bump!

It'd gonna be cool to see what kind of rigs run the trail!!!

See ya there!
Kasi and I are planning on going

"Hope to see a lot of AO stickers out there!!! "

I can stay up late one night this week and print a bunch up if any AO members need them

Tell me what color

2'long ARCTIC OFFROAD $5

look under club gear to see the vinyl choices I will cut them in the font on my hood unless otherwise requested.
Kasi and I will have both of our jeeps there sporting AO decals, my first run since stampede, Kevin I still have your cot and MRE's
Who all from AO is going on the run?? So far:
Me
Kasi
Mike
Don

I'll have some extra small decals for any members who show and dont' have a decal and want one.
Thanks to all that came out and/or supported this awesome event!!!

The Lions were able to raise over $6000 for the March Of Dimes!

What a great way to enjoy our sport and raise money for a good cause.

THANK YOU!!!