Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: And you thought you had a bad day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: p1010103.jpg]

[Image: p1010108.jpg]

[Image: p1010106.jpg]
is that from the trail ride today?
holy poop nuggets.
that is insane i shouldnt have said anything about the engine thing today huh?? all i can say is wow
Holy Crap!!!! Was there any warning or did it just go?
Rolleyes At least it's easily diagnoseable problem...

That's really amazing seeing as that engine isn't 5 years old! :eek:
well good news is the tranny is fixed :whistle:
Yeah it sucks. Roughly less than 20,000 miles on the motor. No sign. I heard a pop then a bad rattle, I thought it was the gears or something so I stopped. The sound continued with a puff of smoke so I shut it off and found all that. I was only turning about 1,000 rpm when it happened. It's a good thing I didn't sell the motor sitting in the other jeep here. I'll be buying some new bearing for it and probably a new oil pump. Going to borrow marty's cherry picker for while and start puling this motor within the next couple days then get the other one pulled and work on it. Then swap it in. i'll be posting up when it's happening.
I engine blowing up was bad but Mel's jeep rolling down the hill without brakes and my winch cable wrapping around the rear tire was some pucker time for me. Don and his taco was a big hand in getting Mel down the hill.

StructuralGuy

Ya... but I didn't realize what a bully Shane can be, I mean, he spent most of the day pushing (and pulling) Mel and I around. Big Grin And I just realized (looking at the first picture) that I have a brake light out.
Mel is always rolling backwards down hill. Wink

Once this is fixed, back of the line, buddy
No I didn't roll down hill this time. I slid down hill sideways and bouncing almost rolling over. Oh and to clarify I didn't roll down hill before, my girls did. Smile
I think its time for the LS1 swap for your jeep.
HEMI, Keep it MOPAR.
Eric might have an extra 4.0
hey! if I end up getting that cummins truck, how about a 360 magnum motor?
i got a carbarated 351 windsor also we can frankenstine it with some for parts.
You all can keep your v-8's. Too much wok to swap one in to an XJ. Besides I have most everything to build the stroker and push more power than a 350 with ease. I have extra motors that's not the problem, it's time that's the problem.
sounds like your in denial! Big Grin
well when u get to working on it ill give u a hand if u want.
Looks like the officer's curse hit you hard. Let me know if you need any help.
Yep it finally got to me again. Got the donor motor pulled and just spent 45 min trying to get it attatched to my engine stand. The configuration of the bolt holes and my engine stand don't match too well. Could only get three bolts in. I'll turn it over then hook up the cherry picker to it as added safety. All I'm goign to do to this one is clean it up a little, change the rear main seal, possibly the oil pump, and the oil pan gasket. Might checkand replace the head gasket as well. I'm kind of anxious to pull the other one to see what was the cause. My dad's bet is blown head gasket and coolant in the cylinder. He just had a drag car do this a monthy ago. Time (the one thing I don't have) will tell.
big_bad_jeep Wrote:i got a carbarated 351 windsor also we can frankenstine it with some for parts.
i happen to know for a fact 351 w is a great swap motor for our little rigs ! we cpould even upgrade and swap in some yota axles !
Biggest issue with the XJ is the room. There have been many v-8 swaps and none of them are straightforward. There is barely enough room for the 4.0l. I've considered it many times but it isn't worth the work to make it right.
JK unlimited, hemi, dana 60s, 40s.

there you are. XJ rebuild fixed.
It's bad enough I own this Jeep I sure as heck don't want another one. Besides I have another build with monster power still going on.
Pages: 1 2