Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: whats going on with Nenena Trail ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as i was coming home today i saw a brand new gate locking out the trail head to nenana trail ..

I thought this was public access till the bottom where it borders native land ?
As far as I can remember from a few years ago it is native land. ANd they control access back in there. They didn't want people back in there cutting wood as I think that's what they do. You can check with blm to find out exactly who owns it and DNR to see if there s a public trail there. I'll see if I can do some digging and find out about it.
You have any gps coordinates for it? I found two main rs2477 trails in the area but I don't really know where the trail is to compare.
no but i know eric did from back when him and i ran it all the time .. ill check with him tomarrow .

i knew down and to the left just we started the loop back up was native land but not the access point in .
SHortly after our last run there - about 3-4 years ago - a no trespassing sign was put up. We haven't been on it since. My understanding is it is Native land. Very unfortunate.
so only alaskan native members can go wheeling? hehe. If so can they bring "friends" ?
Im just trying to find loop holes. Smile
The thing is there is only one big rs2477 trail there. The other is part of the road. Wayne if you find me the exact location I can let you know if any of it is on the rs2477 trail or not. According to the blm website almost all the land around nenana is either native owned or native access land.