Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: valve tire stem tool substitute?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I do need to pick one up.. they are pretty cheap.....but I did not have one when I needed one today!
I remember from an off road wheeler magazine article that someone wrote about using something other than a valve stem screw driver tool (that happened to be very common) to tighten up a valve stem screw...or remove a buddies air from tires as a prank.

This info could be useful for when ya forget to bring your valve stem tool or cant find one before and after airing down/up at the trail head. :clap:

post all and any good ideas!
A miniature needle nose pliers sometimes can do the job as well.
yea someone unscrewed mine a cuple days ago just enough to let the air out and put my cap back on i got to np and it was almost on the rim and i didnt have one i had to call my mom to bring me one that sucked .
A small flat head, really small. I just happen to have a set of mini screwdrivers in the rig and in the dodge, for some reason, and they work great. I also have the valve stem caps that are also valve tools.

turboL

they sell valve cap ones that screw onto ur valve stems i got onew on my truck u cant lose it. look at walmart in the bike section or at any tire shop