Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Mud Drags - Help needed ASAP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mud Boggs are this SATURDAY at North Pole Speedway.

The pits look great!

They have built 2 racing pits, recovery lanes, and a hill and hole run that looks like some sweeto muddy fun!

They have built an anouncers and timers tower. They will have refreshments for sale.

However, they are trying to constuct a roofed bleacher section (expecting rain) and put up a safety fence.
They are running behind on time and on workers.
Anyone who could help out today, tonight, tomorrow, or tomorrow PM to get things ready I'm sure could get a free pass to watch or possibly run on Saturday. They are good folks who appreciate helping hands.

Call Ren @ 590-1782 or Diane @ 699-1329 for info.
I would be there if I could Brother!!!
If I weren't sick, I'd be there.
Im sick too. Sad maybe tomorrow I will feel better.
I 'am flying to A-town this weekend, I get to miss another weekend of wheeling.
It was a little long between runs, and the mud was gooey, but it was a good time.

Skitzo made it through the first run, got stuck the second.

AkCowboy - I'll let him tell you what happened.... Big Grin

Several folks who just don't know when to quit, or seemed to enjoy a D6 Cat pulling them out of the pits.

An FJ40 Airborne a few times

A hit so hard the passenger's helmet came off. That's gonna hurt tomorrow.
in my defense... Rolleyes

Only 3 trucks in Class II finished both their runs - Had I finished I would have been in fourth.
The three trucks that did finish all had 500+ HP... compared to my stock 220 and subtracting for the 150K miles on this engine!
If my first run was faster than everyone else who made 1 complete run - I'm in 4th place anyway!
But most of all consider this: I and my boys had a blast! Cool

That first run really was rocking!!!

Thanks also frro the fan support. Of course from Mrs ChevyKev and my kiddos + I saw Mark and kids, Donald and kids, Tim and kids, Wayne and Brendan.
i had a blast even know i wasnt in it i loved it... i got pics of ur skitzo and a few others ill post up if yall would like... akpeaty was there also.. witch truck was akcowboys???? it was crazy when that girls helmet fell off. and my friend mike was launching his nesan patrol in lane 3 at the end.. there was a cuple trucks that i dont see why they tried to go again after the first time but i guess since they paid for it so take it lol..
I got pictures of :
Wishbone's Mud drag
lots of pictures of Kevin's runs. Kevin's second run took a dive in the pit with a huge splash.
A 70's chevy with a front drive shaft spinning like crazy.
lots of mud. trucks.

I did notice the faster runs were the people who ran along the side wall. From what I saw, Kevin was running through the middle of the pits .. And I think he got high centered on some 44" tire ruts his second run!
Someone should make a gallery for the mud bogs. I know I cannot upload pics but I can get some pics to kevin so he can upload them. Smile or anyone else for that matter.
I had a great time. I talked with Kevin about the track, because he went trough before me. Both holes were insaine. I wish they had more time and help to get it ready for the event. A better staging/line up would have been nice, but it was still fun. If they went off tire size I think it would have helped to get down the track. I was in lane #1 for the first run in Diesel class (the only short box Ford). I was told there was going to be 10 Diesel rigs but only 3 showed. So we all walked away with something. if there was at least one more diesel would have made it a better race. Plus some other brands (better for the crowd) I took second place. It was a LONG!!!!!!! day. I got there around 9am. Ren and Diane Put on a great event, Thanks to them.

This was my first competing run so I got a little overwelmed and had to sit in the pit, but I tried to watch what I could from the top of my truck. I met an AO newbie and we chatted up a little. I agree with Mark, we were told that if we were not moving forward to stop, but there was some trucks that were not set up to run this track and would dig in and just trear up the pits. I will try to get out to the next run in Salcha. Maybe even run. we will see. Now I have to rince the 800Lb of mud off my truck. Thanks for all the support from friends, club members, and co-workers that came out.
I don't have the power of the Diesels that ran, but my tires are larger, wonder if I could've gotten farther?

Guess I need to finish my build so I can run in July.

If you weren't on 38's you weren't going anywhere from what I saw.
First run, pit 1, was on the left side until the very end when I hit a hard spot and bounced to the right.
Second run, pit 2, I tried the right side of the pit.
There was no one I saw that actually made it all the way through tat ran the middle.

@ Salcha the mud isn't 1/2 that deep - and Brendan, our diesel would do great there.

Sorry Pete, i knew I was forgetting to mention someone I saw - it was a long day.
Its ok Kevin... Im ninja like that. Big Grin
ooooooooooooooooooooowaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa .... HAI! *bows*
I will see if I can make it (funding permitting)
Gallery created fo you all. Pete you should be able to upload pics since you are a prospect. Let me know if you can't.
i have too many photos uploaded already. I need more space or can someone help me figure out how to delete current photos I posted?
I found the tool to delete.. but it is giving me an error message. .. weird. does anyone else get a funky message when they try to delete a photo?
Users can't delete photos. I'll check on the amount issue.