Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: mud bogs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK.. I have some questions about the mud bogs...
Where can I register?
Does it cost anything to register?
Does AO do sponsorships for member racers?
In the event that the mud bogger winner wins, is there any cash prize? or prizes?

I was wondering because It would kinda be cool to have club sponsored (capable winning rigs) in the mud bogs that belonged to a members. the winnings would go to the club as a whole to support our causes - blue ribbon, tread lightly etc.

What I mean by sponsored by AO is the club pays for entry fees (capable winning rigs voted in at meetings ) and members help out each other with labor -a helping hand-

and to keep property issues at hand the owner is responsible for their own parts and materials.

lots of questions, and ideas. ... what do you all think?
u register at the races there is a box at the enterance.

here it cost 45. delta 50, 40 or 45 in salcua.

and i dont know about the sponser thin..

if the mud bogger wins they get cash this last one 1st place got 150, 2nd got 75, 3rd got 50... but it changes depending on how many people race and watch..

at the end race of the year they tally up the points and they give trophys out. and some goofy trophys like last points leader, most broken truck lil things like that.

i personaly think that would be cool on the sponser thing also that right there will put the AO name out there more plus it will test out all of our trucks witch i cant wait to compeate with the jeep. i plan on putting AO on my sponser even if i pay for it.. i just need to finish my ride.

ITS SOMETHING THAT MAYBE CAN BE BROUGHT UP AT THE NEXT MEETING
I don't think the club should sponsor any one or group of individuals. If the club had to pay an entry fee for as many as ten rigs, that could be a hefty sum, especially considering that the yearly dues are cheaper than the registration fee.

My opinion, if you wanna play, you gotta pay. Or in my case finish sourcing parts, move to new house and finish rig.

But it would be cool to see some more folks out to the Bogs. However, after seeing the pits in NP I don't know if any of the club members rigs could make it for 4 heats. It was a bit deep on the last one in NP.
the club isn't going to sponsor anyone. I'm not forking out money for someone else to drive and possibly lose. And as for a winning rig how could you even determine that. There are different classes. I've won in my class before but have lost as well. Like mark said if you want to race you have to pay for it. I barely have time to work on my own stuff and pay money for it much less someone elses.
i just want to put AO as a sponser for them to anounce. when i race i pay for my own.. i agree u cant really say ur going to win every time. the pits in np was bad i think they need to do alot of work to them every truck but like 3 or 4 actully made it threw and there was some crazy trucks out there.
well, when i get voted in i will wear my sticker on the front so everyone can see AO.

I wanted to get some input on this because I see this yard full of Redneck offroaders and it seems like they have a really close circle involved in the mud bogs.
I believe I WILL be at the next mud bogs with my blazer. Im hoping it is one of the capable ones in my class!
I always have my AO stickers on and promote us. I just don't like the idea of sponsoring someone. Oh and I'm not a redneck, I'm from WV we are hillbillies. Completely different breed. Smile
And in FL we are called Crackers!