Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: 11.5 second 1/4 mile. Cummins vs Viper v10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
holy moly. that dodge diesel has some power. I wonder how it was built? :nerd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0XJePUi...playnext=3[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:17 am ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 am ----------

[/COLOR]... 9.97 seconds in this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUlVK-ihE...re=related

Why Do i have a GAS RIG?!?!?! >Sad
thats when u have alot of money to waste away. wow
Those are kind of old. Less money than what you think has gone into those trucks. For around $2000 I could push my cummins to around the 900hp mark and over 1500ft/lb mark.
You'd just need another $3500 to upgrade the trans to handle it. Big Grin Okay maybe not quite that much.
if you listen it sounds like a manual transmission.
The end specs said DTT trans which is an auto made for serious horsepower and torque.
nitrous! twin turbo chargers and the DTT trans...and tons of other thingsTongue
i just saw that at the end...i feel non observant
These engines are amazing, some of the truck pullers run twin turbos, propane and nitrous, oh and some up to 75 plus PSI of boost... One racer was quoted as saying that you could feed these engines hand grenades and they would live... they typically don't spit the crank or rods out until around 100 PSI of boost. The rod bearing journals of a Cummins 5.9 are bigger than Chevy 350 mains!!!
I could build a herd of zuks for the money in that truck.
That guy is one of those buy it cause it's in a magazine type guy. Smarty Box, Triple Disc billit TC, air intake, air ram, a smaller turbo to make twins, fass lft pump, muffler/cat delete, larger intercooler, and several sets of tires cause you will burn through them quick. That set up will net you around the 700hp range with torque over 1000ft/lbs. Find a junked dodge and pull the CP3 pump and put dual CPS'3 on it and the numbers go up dramatically. Upping the power in these things is much easier than a gasser. And cheaper. You could do with out the smaller turbo and run just one and you would still make insane power.
he speaks the truth' my dad upgraded his turbo in his duramax and it is really noticable. the power tuning kit he bought does not seem to do jack ****
Programmers do one of two things, for the most part. they either add fuel pressure, like the edge. Or they will change the pulse width, sort of a timing change, like the banks and others. Adding fuel pressure works but only goes so far. The best thing to do is use an edge stacked with a banks or quadzilla. This way you get both, but then you are talking a bit more money. With the smarty you can completely remap your whole computer which is awesome, if you know what you are doing. BUt mostly all the programmers will do is add fuel in one of the two ways mentioned above. You then need to add more air to get the full effects.