Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: finding new trails.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I find any and explore em a little and think it would make a sweet trail ride ill bring it to attention at the next meeting.
I went to DNR today and asked about sr2477 trails in the borough.

they sent me to:
http://mapper.landrecords.info/
I have all the maps saved somewhere on one of my computers. You can get them printed out though through DNR. You can get hooked up with them or the geophysical institute and get maps with overlays printed up on them.
I think we should make a spot at each meeting to hear proposed trail runs...since there is a high likelihood that someone has been on most trails within 50 miles of town (bike, 4 wheeler, etc).
I know of 2 unmentioned trails, but I haven't been on them for nearly 20 years (which means that age has probably made them more interesting.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 08:45 pm ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 pm ----------

[/COLOR]oh, yes, and in the old days I had a light box to take pictures of the high altitude images at the GeoData center and that produced better than 1"=1 mile maps showing trees, etc, that really translates into trail conditions.