Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: "Alaska" Wilderness League
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wilderness group from D.C. is opening an office in Fairbanks to work on watch-dogging the BLM to get Wilderness status for "NPR-A on the North Slope and on other BLM lands in the eastern Interior" according to the News Miner.

Their goal is "get the stongest protection possible" for these areas.

Just another D.C. Watchdog group for us to watch.

http://www.alaskawild.org/

Darcie Warden is the out reach coordinator moved to AK from California in 2001 according to the News Miner. Ahhh, California and D.C. dictating our access.
yes we have to watch these groups hard ..i dont like outsiders telling us what we can do with our state and lock it out so noone can touch our land ..
can we send them a "nasty" letter ? hahaha.

But in reality, we should give them the run down of positive things this club and other clubs do. Let them know that we are not out there to create havok, tear the terrain up, and associate with those who ruin it for the rest.
\Oh, and the fact that we actually use the trails and experience Alaska. That is why we live here right?
Alaska is heavily polarized. The non-motorized vs gear heads, but even within groups, anything with wheels is on the bottom of the list, and trucks are on the very bottom.

I guess that makes sense as I too hate to ride my sled on trails ripped up by trucks. It is, as you may surmise, very easy to close 'public' lands to wheelers. We see this in Moab, Telico and everywhere else.