Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: tractor R1 tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
looking for leads, information and how to get them to fairbanks and on my truck.

I called giant tire and they are getting back to me monday,
I plan on walking into TDS and being more successful than Wayne's attempt to get tractor tires Tongue

any other places? or companies to order from and just get them freight shipped up here via trucking company?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:31 am ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 am ----------

[/COLOR]also considering another set of boggers. going up to 44"
If the tractor tires are too much ill go the bogger route,
but then again the tractor tires will probably be my last set of offroading tires for a LONG time.
I freighted 625lbs up here from seattle for $200. but you would have to get them to the Freight Company in Fife Wa to make it work.
25 lbs?
Typo,

625lbs
was about to say. haha. 65 lbs for $200 . Tongue
Ok, here's the catch...

If you tell them that you are putting tractor tires on a truck, they can't legally sell them to you... (Don't argue, just listenWink So... You find what Bobcat or Ditch Witch takes that size & tell them you need a set of four for your "Bobcat" or "Ditch Witch". They don't need to see it, just tell them that's what it's for...
even for an offroad buggy? (Its not going to ever see the road again really)
I may even register it as farm equipment
Tongue
Go down to Good Year on S.Cushman and order a set.
I would suggest talking to Ronnie at Goodyear as well. Also go to www.govliquidation.com, click locations, then alaska, then fairbanks check out the tires that are listed, might be what you are looking for and they will sell cheap.
pardon my ignorance, but what is the actual name of the store? I googled it do try and find a number and didnt come up with anything[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:05 pm ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 pm ----------

[/COLOR]is it wingfoot?
Wingfoot
hahaha. man...
All tires like this are running about 700 a PIECE
better start saving Tongue
Wow, that's a bunch!!!

1993 Ditch Witch Model 6510 has 16.5L-16.1 tires... Just sayin....
i was talking about Ditch Witch model tires with a friend and he mentioned they could be retreaded like some of the haul truck tires?[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:56 am ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 am ----------

[/COLOR]I meant to update this thread but forgot Tongue
I got a hold of a guy in Anchorage who I had some 45x 18.4 on 16.1 rims Smile, bought them, and now Fix_It is headed down that way to pick them up for me along with some other things for himself.
I will be putting a set of beadlock rings on it Big Grin
http://fairbanks.craigslist.org/pts/2104602896.html

here is another set but looks like you already found some
sweet deal. i think wayne might be interested.
big_bad_jeep - your dad might be interested too!