Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Honcho
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: pict1749_thumb.jpg]

Before

I bought a Honcho, RTR (Ready to Run) 1/10 scale a while ago, most have seen it on the trail. Its was a great Vehicle and it allowed a lot of fun out of the box. Like our big trucks I soon had to start looking at mod's for it. It been a while before I did my first mod, I tried to put some bigger wheels and tires on it, they actually had wheels that look like the ones that I bout for my Toyota. The Back spacing didn't fit so I had to go A different route. I went Snow Wheeling at shane's last week, I replaced the front servo and water proofed the receiver box as we talked about and I went for it. First off the tires are really too small, Height and width. Shane loaned me a bigger set and it handled allot better, I ran one battery out doing some hard wheeling going through deep snow, I had to get pulled out a few times from shane and I had a great time until my battery went out. I changed out the batteries, started wheeling again and I almost immediately smoked my non-water proof speed controller. SO I went back to the RC shop, bought a new speed controller, larger tires (I went with boggers for the snow) I tried to put a lift on it but I was only able to get half of it for now. I also bought new control arms for the back. I replaced the back 3 link for longer metal 4 link suspension, I am just waiting on the new coil over shocks. On the front I put the longer rear 3 link on it to improve the approach angles and also keep the bigger tires off the cab side of the body. I had to cut the front bumper but I am not crazy about the way it looks so I need to figure out how to make or buy a new one. I also have to make a new battery tray so I can install the much larger water proof speed controller.

[Image: pict1863_thumb.jpg] [Image: pict1864_thumb.jpg]
After
I got him hooked on this!