Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: 1/10 scale RTI ramp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]672[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]671[/ATTACH] So i built an RTI ramps for 1/10 rigs, a 25 and a 33 degree ramp. so first run up the 25 and up and over the ramp it gos.
The ramp is 12" long, the only time a tire came off the ground was when it dropped off the ramp! sweet!
so up the 33 next 8 3/4 inches up! this is with no extra weight added to the wheels or frame!

On the 25 degree ramp thats a 960 and the 33 is a 680.
I have a metal one. It was the prototype for the M&G trophies 2 years ago. May be a little short. It was easy to make. Took me about an hour. It's 25* I can make you another one if you want.
A longer metal one would be cool, got about 5 min in these. got to run my crawler up the 33. i was just playing with my trail rig.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 01:59 pm ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 pm ----------

[/COLOR]If you make one go for 16" at least my crawler one top out the 33 ramp and i can still lift the front tire a half an inch.
OK. I'll work on one for you.
Hopefully Santa is nice this year and gets you one.
Going to try to go out to the shed and find the metal and maybe try to have this done for you by the meeting. But don't count on it. Figure if I work on it tomorrow after work it should be done tomorrow night.
Sweet!
So as soon as Gina heads out for wok I'm going to start on it. It might be a little heavy but that's ok. Unless I can find that piece if expanded metal I have buried under the snow.

Rough dimensions.

~16" along the bottom
~11" tall
~20" of room to travel up the ramp.

Just hope I have enough stuff for the supports.
Yay. I just found the expanded metal. So it should have a good surface for traction. I'm excited just to be fabbing something again. Even if it is on a scale level.
Oh this should be right around 32* by the above measurements. I'll try to keep right around there. Sound good?
Works for me.
I have a working ramp. It's not completely done but I'll bring it to the meeting. I'm going to build another one though. This was done with scrap stuff I had lying around. I want to get some different metal build a better one. I'm going to still finish this one. I built this by eyeball and welded too much on one side and get got off square and slightly bent.

Pics later.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:32 pm ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 pm ----------

[/COLOR]First Model. this wont be the final one.

[Image: dscf0277.jpg]

[Image: dscf0278.jpg]
Sweet!! but what is that gold pile of crap in the background?
A car that has to be parked in the garage or it won't start. Like today. I'll get the heater on it this week.
Road flare and some gas! :whistle: