Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Trail Carnage!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

holeski

[SIZE=2][SIZE=1]Let’s see your trail breaks. Don’t go looking on the web to post up something you find. (That’s a web wheeler!) I want to see what YOU or a friend you where with on the trail with has busted. A brief description of what happened, where it happened and photos are a must. It didn’t happen if you don’t have pics of it. Scratches and small dents don’t count. Gashes, grenaded diffs or axles, roll overs and crumbled sheet metal do!
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

akdsmer

I'm gonna have to start driving more aggressively to get to post to this thread!
Here is me and a tree getting to know each other. Just sheet metal damage.

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=2]
:yeahthat:
John nearly cried after that!

TJVigilante

Wish I got a picture of my bumper tweaked....otherwise I don't have anything to show. Yet.
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]This is when I trashed my oilpan at banner creek on my b-day

holeski

Good one I even had a hand in that fix. Where are the fix photos at?
sevenslats Wrote::yeahthat:
John nearly cried after that!

Ha/Ha. At least mine is not from rolling backwards downhill into another vehicle.:oops:
[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]Here is the trail fix, Duct tape and Bubblegum.

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=1]Eric's beautiful work with diamond plate.
Ok anybody got pics from day after thanksgiving fairbanks creek? I broke a Dana turdyfive shaft pretty good and there was some more carnage on the trail too. http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149
I am just not that good about getting or keeping pics.

holeski

That was a fun day. DM (Danger Mousee) had a slow roll over; I flopped my YJ on its side in the Waterfall. No real damage in the two rolls though. TJ almost busted a rear window out of his hard top, blew two tire beads that then filled up with water that quickly turned to ice. He then had to drive home with the ice unbalancing his tires to get a trailer so we could tow Johns XJ over to NXC. I think TJ even had a few dents in the rear of the Jeep also. DM had a fire from his cat over heating from pulling the XJ out. The XJ had to have the tire with the broken axle shaft tied to the axle tube so it wouldn’t spin and fall out.

2T2

Wow sounds like that was a good ride. Almost wish I could have been there. luckly I haven't broke anythink on a trail yet just on the road.
Here's Missy's carnage. Kelly Flats, CO. Teetering TJ, lots of skinny pedal, and instant traction = dead Turdy5. But that paved the way for us to upgrade to 8.8s.

[Image: 484231_80_full.jpg]

Here's the aftermath...

[Image: 484231_91_full.jpg]

Been lucky enough to not have anything big yet. But as long as she earns her nickname (Redline), I'm sure there will be something. She did manage to maintain a 'slow and steady' while in Moab.

akjeep

Took a load out to the Fbks Creek cabin this weekend. I guess I need to widen the trail a bit. I've been letting it get a bit narrow to try to keep traffic down, but after the fires, there is a lot more brush and trees laying into the trail. Well, once you're in the shoot, you're kinda committed, so you just keep on truckin'. 17 miles in and no problems, but on the return trip, this was the result of all the sticks I bashed through ON THE ACTUAL TRAIL!
[Image: Picture033.jpg]

[Image: 72368b01.jpg]
Casualties included a birch tree through the corner of the windshield, trees though the grill (they deflected OFF the radiator but didn't breech), 2 clearance lights, and a headlight bezel. Except for the windshield, no big deal, but you should've seen the kids faces when the tree came through!!
[Image: e3e9925c.jpg]

holeski

Rear Dana 35 ring bolts backed out and shot around in the diff. One came all the way though. This was Heather’s XJ.
[Image: 237Look_what_XJgrrl_did_002-med.jpg]
[Image: 237Look_what_XJgrrl_did_001-med.jpg]

holeski

holeski

http://www.arcticoffroad.com/gallery2/ma...alNumber=2

This is how far all the bolts had worked them selves out. The R&P gear where find even after crushing 3 ring gear bolt. This was a Yukon Gear set.