Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Sad day for the ZJ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just rolled over 100,000 miles. Cry
It's a 1996 model.

My 1997 TJ has something like 77k. I can't remember it's been so long since I've driven it. Cry

4x4_MMMH_4x4

hey buddy, my VW has 204,000 miles and i IMD it today... let me tell you what... supposedly it im'd better than most new cars do

michaeljr5

Jeeps keep going for a long time. Airmanwoody has almost 200K on his ZJ! :eek:

I put 145K on my Ranger and I wish I had never gotten rid of it! Sad Dumb move!

4x4_MMMH_4x4

i undedrstand michael it was a ford remember...
My dad sold his 93 ZJ with 230,000 miles on it. He replaced the rear main seal on it twice, but that was it, as far as the 4.0 goes. Come to think of it, I don't' think he ever had major work done to the tranny or NP242 either.
:bowdown:

naturalbornmudder

Lil' T has 134K on it right now. Still running strong. Not fast, but strong.
Mines around 56,000. Big Grin

2T2

It's all on how you take care of it any vehicle will run a long time if you just take care of it. minor mantanance goes a long way.
sevenslats Wrote:Just rolled over 100,000 miles. Cry
It's a 1996 model.Cry

I think our '97 ZJ had just over 100K when we let it go. Didn't notice that you picked up a ZJ Geoff. What did you get rid of, anything. What's it got in it?

Ah, like has already been said man, maintain it and it will run for a long time! Besides, when the motor goes, it's time for a stroker!
SilverstoneXJ Wrote:I think our '97 ZJ had just over 100K when we let it go. Didn't notice that you picked up a ZJ Geoff. What did you get rid of, anything. What's it got in it?

Julie traded in her explorer on a gas saving car. But then we missed a 4-dr 4x4. So I found a ZJ already lifted and souped up. I just added a little, and ended up with this.
It's a 4.0, AW4, NP242. 30/35, open/open. 3.55s

[Image: IMG_5933.JPG]
I rolled 194K on the way up here. After putting a CAT on her, the pipe test was cleaner than our Buick with 70K on it.