Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Rolled the Blazer Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I posted up earlier that I woke up with a huge headache and spent the morning puking and sleeping - and that as soon as I was done posting I was going back to bed.

So what to do in late afternoon? Go wheelin!

So I took the Blazer with her fixed Power steering out for a ride in the back 40 and ther is an off camber spot that I got a little off angle on and she started to go - so I turned the wheel (unfortunately the wrong way) and gunned it which resulted in going over and hard! I did roll completley this time rather than a simple flop, but when I landed hard on the tires the weight of the 39.5x18 bogger hitting the ground so hard did some damage.

Broke the wheel studs and thus bent the rim, broke the driveshaft u-joint, the pinion shaft, and the passenegr side axleshaft! It also bent the axle tube. Holy carnage. :eek: Knowing my wife was gonna be pissed, I left it there and started calculating damage. :confused:

So there I was, head still aching, laying in bed calculating parts and costs and remembering that Trail-toyz had some 14 bolt axles for sale when I realized ... I've been in bed all day with a headache and that all - my friends - was a dream. Rolleyes I did type at the beginning that I had gone back to bed... but it was SO realsistic that - as I mentioned - I was about ready to get up and call Eric at trailtoys to say I needed a 14 bolt! :oops:

I guess I went from web-wheeling to fever induced dream wheeling. So who wants to go hit a trail? When I finally loose this headache, anyway.

P.S. It was an incredibly cool dream! Wink

AKLJ8

ChevyKev Wrote:I posted up earlier that I woke up with a huge headache and spent the morning puking and sleeping - and that as soon as I was done posting I was going back to bed.

So what to do in late afternoon? Go wheelin!

So I took the Blazer with her fixed Power steering out for a ride in the back 40 and ther is an off camber spot that I got a little off angle on and she started to go - so I turned the wheel (unfortunately the wrong way) and gunned it which resulted in going over and hard! I did roll completley this time rather than a simple flop, but when I landed hard on the tires the weight of the 39.5x18 bogger hitting the ground so hard did some damage.

Broke the wheel studs and thus bent the rim, broke the driveshaft u-joint, the pinion shaft, and the passenegr side axleshaft! It also bent the axle tube. Holy carnage. :eek: Knowing my wife was gonna be pissed, I left it there and started calculating damage. :confused:

So there I was, head still aching, laying in bed calculating parts and costs and remembering that Trail-toyz had some 14 bolt axles for sale when I realized ... I've been in bed all day with a headache and that all - my friends - was a dream. Rolleyes I did type at the beginning that I had gone back to bed... but it was SO realsistic that - as I mentioned - I was about ready to get up and call Eric at trailtoys to say I needed a 14 bolt! :oops:

I guess I went from web-wheeling to fever induced dream wheeling. So who wants to go hit a trail? When I finally loose this headache, anyway.

P.S. It was an incredibly cool dream! Wink
Done that up north before. Went to bed around 8 pm and woak up at 9:30... Looked out side and thought it was 9:30 AM. Dam midnight summer light. I got up... Took a shower and went off the breakfast. Every one else was on the way to bed... Best nights hour and a halfs sleep I ever had!
You had me up until the end Kevin! Was going to see if you needed a hand getting it home.
It had me until I realized it was a dream - super realistic! I should have known though, as the spot I rolled it in the back yard doesn't exist. Other than that it was right on! I was awake calculating damage and cost for probably 2-3 minutes before I realized the truth.
This thread is worthless without pics.

Forrest

That rocks!!!!!!!!!
Sweet Dreams

2T2

So you just realized sleep isn't such a waist of time. LOL

You definatly had me I was just about to give you a call to see if you needed a hand. as for wheelin were and when do you want to go I get off work at 4:30. and my buddy is still here and wants to go out again.

TRAILTOYZ

You do need a 14 bolt.