Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Calling all Jeep 1/2 door owners
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ronster

I am thinking about trading off my full doors for some half doors. What are the pros and cons to having half doors?
I currently run no doors, but I am thinking that maybe half doors and upper sliders are the way to go. Inputs?
Jealous.

I've heard of folks getting frustrated with upper sliders. Just not enough space to stick your arm through.
But I guess the zippers in upper softies stick a lot as well.

I think Snowman and Chetnak both have every combination of door sold. You could take a test-drive with them and see what you like.
i have both and for every day wheel'n the zipper is better but the slider is nice for the winter cus you can crack it open, with the zipper it is all or nothing, but in the summer the half doors rock!
I have half doors with soft uppers that I run in the summer that are nice, if you smoke you can just unzip the back corner and push it out just a bit and it works to get the smoke out and to ash out of, also if its raining the rain will not get inside. I also have full doors that I run in the winter to help keep the heat in just that much more. I don't have the hard uppers for my half doors so I don't know what they are like. Me if you can get both half and full doors that's the way to go! Big Grin