Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Starting problem!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Chetnak

Ok the other day the I went to start the CJ and it wouldnt the motor was "barely" turning and then nothing. I put my YJ battery on it which is brand new, I replaced the external start solenoid and still nothing, and the battery terminals...what else can it be.
My buddys did the same thing, all of a sudden it would start just fine and then it would have problems, we replaced the ignition, starter and battery and could not figure it out. Then he saved up and had a shop drop a 350 in it and the problem went away.

Chetnak

Tom that doesnt HELP me!!!!! I'm really not wanting to replace everything cause its not mine!! I've already replaced the starter solenoid and battery cables, I'm going to go ahead and replace the starter but I'm stopping here.

Chetnak

I did find this http://experts.about.com/q/American-Moto...ep-CJ7.htm

I'm going to atleast try it. Can't hurt.
It was doing the same thing but when we replaced everything it still didn't help. Also it already had a motor swap done, it had the 4 banger in it and the guy who owned it before him put a 305 in it. We never did find out what the problem was because we didn't ask the shop if they had any problems with starting it after the 350 went in but I would try what that link says first and trouble shoot it from their.

AKLJ8

Ground between the engine and frame maybe??? If it doesn't have one that might be the problem...