Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: So I went to Fred Meyers the other day...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

TRAILTOYZ

...and got a chunk of grinder disc removed from my eye at the little eye center they have in there. The optometrist took me back in the little room, spritzed some stuff on my eyeball, and proceeded to "remove" the little chunk that was embedded in there with a little battery powered dremel tool thing. After she was done, she charged me $145 and gave me some antibiotic drops and a pat on the back. :eek:

Definitely money well spent and done in 5 minutes! Just some FYI for you guys who decide to knock something out real quick without proper PPE. I actually had protective glasses on, but the piece got behind em and bounced around until it got into my eyeball. Full-wrap goggles from now on!

naturalbornmudder

man, that takes guts to sit still while someone messes with your eye ball...
Ouch! Good to know they know their stuff though.

And why do most trips to the Dr. reported on here involve grinders!?!?

Definately another plug for propper safety gear (or PPE)
I got a piece of metal in my eye when I shook my Astro's gas tank Friday night. I managed to hold the eyelids open to keep it from getting under or scratching my eye while I stood up and turned my eyes down. Thank God it fell out without a problem. I thought I might loose one of the best body parts I got. No one in my extended family has good eyes besides me, so I consider myself very lucky.

holeski

Yeah that stuff sucks. I still have a rust ring in my right eye from a peace of metal. It had to be removed with an 18-gage needle while I was wide-awake. Fun stuff! I try my best to always remember my PPE. Good luck Erik and I hope you don’t have any lasting affects from it.
I was wearing my Oakleys that i was issued while i was in the military when i was hit by a bomb in iraq...i only have 6 small fragments of metal in my eye...without my glasses i would probably be blind right now...PPE is a must when fabbing and working on jeeps...

TRAILTOYZ

I was pretty excited because I thought it was gonna cost big bucks to get the thing taken care of. I got one small chunk out with one of those extendable magnetic wands from my toolbox but the rest was embedded. No lasting effects though...feels good as new. Do you guys remember trying to drive with something like that in your eye? Its almost impossible...both eyes keep closing and watering so bad you can't see. Definitely one of the most un-fun places to recieve an injury.

But anyways, either wear some killer PPE or set aside $145 so you can go get your head stuck in a vise and white knuckle the seat while some lady sticks a dremel tool in your eyeball to remove the chunk of cheap grinder disc :lol: