Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Someone's REALLY stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw a newish S10 by the river on Ft Wainwright down by the golfcourse bridge. He'd gone down onto the bank and found some of the stickiest goo I've ever seen - kind of a cross between clay, silt, and rotten vegetation. It's got no good tow points, dealer plates, and it's buried to the rockers.:nerd: I went down and checked it out to see if they needed help but noone was anywhere to be seen and I almost surrendered my waders to that goo...Oh well.Rolleyes
That Sucks!

Ronster

Dealer plates Big Grin I can hear the phone call right now......

TJVigilante

There's been a rash of Army guys getting new rigs and getting them stuck on the same day...
ya no kidding Im always getting calls to go down there and get people out, its all the new PVTs who just got here and and dont know what muskage is.
I just seen a grand cherokee and a lifted wrangler heading over there aobut 30 min as I came back on post. Don't know if that is where they were headed or not though.
:worthless:

Let us know if a rescue party is planned.
I'd like to hear the story behind it.
I didn't know anybody was over there or I would have went. I had just seen ppl riding towards that direction. Mayb I'll check it out at lunch or I'll be there this afternoon running so I'll take a look.
He's out. Wasn't too bad. Name's Shawn. He seems interested in the club. I left my # the other day and he called today about noon. I went out there, hooked up with the winch line doubled back through a snatchblock, dug down to my axles in Rev for some good footing, tied off to his buddy's Exploder for some xtra weight, and pulled it right out. His battery had gone too weak to turn the engine so we dragged it in Neutral. He went for a set of jumper cables, bought me a case of AK Amber and all is well. I'm guessing it took about 12-15K pounds of force to pull that thing out judging by the sound and drag on my winch (9.5K on 1st wrap x 2 with the line doubled. Most of the pulling was with about 2-4 wraps on the drum) I'm telling you, that's some STICKY mud.
sweet, glad you got him out! me and the wife went down there to fish and saw him with the explorer, but didnt see ya
Good for you steve. Is he coming to the meeting today? I promise, I won't tease him for getting stuck.