Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Burb swap ready to go
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Getting ready to have a little fun with a Diesel swap.

Yesterday, Kevin and I ran to pick up an 83 Burb with a Diesel in it. It's stripped except for the dash, mojave heater, front axle, tranny, T-case and pretty much everything under the hood except the power steering pump.

I start pulling the above pieces out on Tuesday morning after I drop the kiddos off at the CDC. Once everything's out except for the engine, tranny, t-case, and axle, it will go to a shop in FBNX where the engine will be removed with a forklift. After that we'll remove the rest of the drivetrain and dump the body. Unless someone wants a Burb frame for a buggy. Then the process of putting all the parts in the 85 begin.

I cannot wait, I've been wanting a diesel for quite some time and a Diesel burb should make for a real good DD/tow rig.
cool. keep us updated!

toyota'er

would that be the suburban kev passed me in on the highway and upon trying to wave back i nearly sideswiped with my camaroBig Grin :whistle:
NO, both burbs currently are not driveable.

His blue one is his wifey's truck/tow vehicle.

My alternate hope for my soon to be diesel burb is an alternate tow vehicle for Kev's trailer so he doesn't have to take the burb from the wife when we need to haul a vehicle back from wherever it's disabled. So in essence, I hope that other AO members can use this when needed if I'm not available. We'll have to see how user friendly and reliable it is.

naturalbornmudder

Quote:
My alternate hope for my soon to be diesel burb is an alternate tow vehicle for Kev's trailer so he doesn't have to take the burb from the wife when we need to haul a vehicle back from wherever it's disabled. So in essence, I hope that other AO members can use this when needed if I'm not available. We'll have to see how user friendly and reliable it is.

Interesting. I recall a few times of using Kev's Burb and/or trailer to get broke /stuck rigs off of the trail or trailhead, or broke down at workBig Grin
This sounds like a very generous and wise plan
toyota'er Wrote:would that be the suburban kev passed me in on the highway and upon trying to wave back i nearly sideswiped with my camaroBig Grin :whistle:

that one ( Rolleyes which was Red so at least the paint would have been close if you had swiped it) was a friend of mines he's turning into a cab. :lol: