Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: Things I meant to do = things I now get to do
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cry

This week has been a week of things I meant to do that are tunring into things I now get to do because I didn't get around to what I meant to do.

Such as - I took my tire to get ity fixed, and told them the wrong one. So I still had a screw in my tire but a new valve stem on the other side. Rolleyes not too bad - and AirmanWoody offered to take my tire back and get it fixed when he was running to town. Smile What are friends for?

Seeing as the pickup had only 3 tires, I got to drive the Blazer to the chiropractor! always cool to drive it into town. Yet I forgot the mud flaps weren't on - no problem, if I can get there without getting pulled over I'll put them on in the parking lot. Took Kris her lunch and on the way out of the parking lot - I noticed the spare came loose as the ratchet strap had slipped. Running late, I'll fix it when I get there - it's just in NP.

At the bottom of the ramp to Badger, when I went to take off - tire shifted, leaned backwards - right through my rear window! :mad: Now, I'm pulled over on the side of the road with my flashers on and a shovel in hand cleaning shattered glass out of the middle of the intersection. At least the ever observant anti-spray-device cops didn't see me!

So - lesson 1: I meant to tighten the spare tire straps - now I get to replace the window
and I might as well replace the entire tailgate with one that actually opens!

And the hits just keep on coming.

Lesson 2: Hey stupid, we live in Alaska, where it gets cold.

When we put the Skitzo together, I bought anti-freeze. Someone suggested for the first ride to just fill it with water and that way if anything leaks I am being environmentally friendly. Meant to swap that out with a mix of antifreeze since.... June.

Today, once I put the heater under it with a tarp, to thaw and drain it, it self purged, out of the 6 inch long crack in the block :eek: because I meant to...

So I menant to switch fluids, now I get to rebuild another engine. :knockout:

Not the best of weeks. Not the worst. Rolleyes Good thing I like rebuilding engines!

TJVigilante

Wowowowowow. And I thought my procrastinating came back and bit me.....

akdsmer

Sounds like another couple all-night bashes to get it back up and running. AO came through the first time, I'm sure we can do it again!

TJVigilante

Give me a head's up when this is going to happen, so I can lend whatever helping hand I can.

4x4_MMMH_4x4

thursday nights and saturday nights i can swing kev, lemme know
I have two gallons of antifreeze you can have, sorry it's a bit late.

naturalbornmudder

that sucks bad.

Advent

The good news is that the cracked block isn't leaking any environmentally-damaging antifreeze all over your yard...
Great, another motor to pull at Kev's house.

That's what now, 4 to pull?

1-83 6.2L for my 85 Burb
2-Skitzo
3-350 from 85 Burb for 73 Chevy
4-350 from K-5 for something that could use it (Skitzo?)

I think we need to lay more concrete at your house so we don't have to roll vehicles right in front of the garage to pull motors.

Advent

You know, Skytzo could use a Buick...

How much do the pieces that engine needs cost again?
owww.
That sucks !! time to take heed and slow down there Kev.

akdsmer

Advent Wrote:The good news is that the cracked block isn't leaking any environmentally-damaging antifreeze all over your yard...

That's pretty funny! Big Grin
only seen one time when procrastination worked for someone. a friend of mine never got around to updating his blues with staff stripes, he was later busted down to SRA an did not have fix his uniform. procrastination, but bad karma.
Airmanwoody Wrote:Great, another motor to pull at Kev's house.

That's what now, 4 to pull?

1-83 6.2L for my 85 Burb
2-Skitzo
3-350 from 85 Burb for 73 Chevy
4-350 from K-5 for something that could use it (Skitzo?)

I think we need to lay more concrete at your house so we don't have to roll vehicles right in front of the garage to pull motors.

1 - 83 6.2 is for your Burb
2 - Skitzo - will take good innards and add it to a block I have in the garage
3 - 350 from Burb for 73 Chevy
4 - 350 from K-5 will be for Kris' 41 project.

Advent Wrote:You know, Skytzo could use a Buick...

How much do the pieces that engine needs cost again?

Ya know, I have thought the same thing!
$400 for a new front cover and another $80 for a new fuel pump and I could have a 455 Buick bored to 464inches, port and polished head, and cam with .513 lift. It has a new crank and pistons and the block had just been taken care of. The front cover that holds the oil pump is so worn the oil pump has locked up and snapped the distributor gear (which I have another one) So for $500 I can have big block Buick power plus a rebuilt 350 trans (BOP bolt pattern) and a 203 (blah, but... I may also have a 205 that would bolt up to the 350 trans).

Another AO party! What's everyone doing for thanksgiving? Maybe the Firday / Saturday after turkey day. I can roll it in the gargae earlier that week so it can be thawed out.

Tonight I am hoping to get the Blazer's tailgate switched.
But did you get the pickup's tire on tight?
sevenslats Wrote:But did you get the pickup's tire on tight?

Rolleyes Funny you should ask because when I went to load up an engine block to take to the machine shop I dropped the tailgate and saw 6 lugnuits sitting there. But I was sure I had put the tire on correctly. As my luck has been going I checked - the tire was properly installed - the extra lugnuts were from Woody's burb we picked up the other day - whew! :whistle:

So the morals of the story and what's really important are that my tire got fixed and no environmentally damaging antifreeze leaked out.

Advent

ChevyKev Wrote:Another AO party! What's everyone doing for thanksgiving? Maybe the Firday / Saturday after turkey day. I can roll it in the gargae earlier that week so it can be thawed out.

I'm I'm stuck here for Thanksgiving, I'm game!

naturalbornmudder

it would be cool to get another AO wrenching session together

akdsmer

ChevyKev Wrote:what's really important are that my tire got fixed and no environmentally damaging antifreeze leaked out.

Don't forget that you are sporting mudflaps as well!