Arctic Offroad Forums

Full Version: holy cow must be made of gold !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well seeing as im forced into new tires , i was on sams club web site for tire deals wich sometime you can get smoking deals ..like my last set of 33x 12.50 bfg's for 59 bucks apeice !

well i found the new bfg baja ta they just opened to the public you had to be racing to get them few yrs ago .........31x 10.50 cost ? try 357.00 clams !!!!

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/search....4294967293

TJVigilante

Yeah I noticed the prices of them back working at Sears...I was like "WTF is going to pay 300+ bones x4 for some 31's?"

AKLJ8

TJVigilante Wrote:Yeah I noticed the prices of them back working at Sears...I was like "WTF is going to pay 300+ bones x4 for some 31's?"
The same people that put spinners on there Jeeps?Big Grin

TJVigilante

If someone was dumb enough to buy dedicated trophy truck tires to run on their pimp ryde on the street...I'd be the first person to step up and slap them in the face.
when i was driving busses during the alanta oylimpics i saw a jeep wrangler lowered with mexican styled rims that stick way out and real low profile tires so low he was dragging his diffs driving into the parking lot .. never seen anythink like it .. had more chrome thany jeep to this day ive ever seen .

Ronster

I saw one like that in co springs, but it had gold spinners and gold front grill, lowered to about a half inch off the ground. Makes you wonder....

Advent

I've seen a few like that in Anchorage.
Doesn't look like a too bad of a tire but their is no way I would spend that much on just one.
not for a 31 heck folks can get better deals on a 44 tsl ! found a 35 baja on sams sight went for almost 450 .00!

TJVigilante

That's cheap...4wheelparts.com has them for over $500 for the 35x12.50. They're top dollar racing tires, definitely not built for our applications. Trophy trucks run these tires....not many other tires can handle the high speeds in the desert.
i like the tread design looks alot like the bfg mt's ,, but what makes the carcass so different and expensive ..kevlar lining and 14 karat raised letters ?

seriously whats different to warrant the price ...

i watch alot of the score trucks and alot still use bfg mt ko 's and at's and the big names running the baja's even seen some using the nittos last year on leave .

TJVigilante

probably kevlar plies and the high tolerances that alot of tires don't get. Probably engineering overhead and the lack of volume they sell to make up for the initial costs.