Thread: Can 30" tires fit on a stock ZJ.

holeski Guest

Can 30" tires fit on a stock ZJ.

Can 30" tires fit on a stock ZJ Ok.

Downloads
    Uploads

Re: Can 30" tires fit on a stock ZJ.

should but they may rub a bit. stock wheels are your best bet. don't know for sure though, sorry.
    forum civilian again :)
    Better to remain silent and LOOK like the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.:flipoff:

4x4_MMMH_4x4 Guest

didnt ziggy have a zj?? or am i just dumb with jeeps... i do beleive he had 31s on his with no lift...

Images
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think they can. I thought some actually came with the 30" tire as an option.
    John 97TJ with 4 Angry Squirrels
    Arctic Offroad Supporter

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4_MMMH_4x4
    didnt ziggy have a zj?? or am i just dumb with jeeps... i do beleive he had 31s on his with no lift...
    he had an XJ and he had 28's
    forum civilian again :)
    Better to remain silent and LOOK like the fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.:flipoff:

4x4_MMMH_4x4 Guest

i do beleive he knocked the tire size up though??? he was blabbing on and on about 31s, anyways BOT

4x4_MMMH_4x4 Guest

i looked around acouple places on the net and came across a couple charts, they say you should be able to do it no problem with out trimming, but you would need to trim or lift with 31s... so i dunno if rubbing would ensue or not...

8. Re: Can 30" tires fit on a stock ZJ.

You could do it for a pavement queen. For something that is going to get used on the trail, you could, but may rub at full stuff. The biggest problems are the front and rear corner plasics, the tires like to grab them...
    A few small bolt-on parts...

Images
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can run 30's on stock height without rubbing. If the springs are worn out, it may rub a bit. If you disconnect the front sway bar, you will probably rub a little. You can easily run 31's with a 2" coil spacer, but with stock rims you will rub in the wheel well during flex and the LCA's at full lock.
    Mark

05 2500HD - Max just powers through whatever I throw at it.
    85 K-5 Blaze currently in flinstone mode.....need to fix the holes in the floor.
    72 Jeep - Postal series RHD 4x2.....Might have to change that last part...and a few other parts

nate379 Guest

if it's for street use, you can fit 30s no problem, 31s with a little bit of trimming.

Images
    Downloads
    Uploads

31's on stock height will hurt the front bumper without trimming and will definately touch the LCA's.
    Mark

05 2500HD - Max just powers through whatever I throw at it.
    85 K-5 Blaze currently in flinstone mode.....need to fix the holes in the floor.
    72 Jeep - Postal series RHD 4x2.....Might have to change that last part...and a few other parts

nate379 Guest

That's why I said a little bit of trimming.+ Can just cut the bottom off the bumper like this:

http://98jeepzj.com/tech/images/frontbumper4.JPG

I'm running 7" of lift on mine with 36s and it doesn't rub unless I really max it out like on an RTI ramp or something.

holeski Guest
    Can 30" tires fit on a stock ZJ OK?
    By the way the answer to this question was yes they fit fine.

Thanks for all the info guys.