Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O'Connor Creek Trail
Hello,

I write a newsletter called the Interior Trails Quarterly. (Anyone who would like to be on the distribution list just send me an email. The newsletter is free.) I received the following email from a long-time trail user in the Goldstream Valley:

"I have been told by two long-time Valley mushers that the heavily used O’Conner Creek trail is badly torn up by 4 wheeler-in-the-mud use. I don’t know if you have any insight as to how to stop this sort of thing. Education by 4-wheeler advocate groups seems best. I love multiple use trails but evidently this is very bad."

She goes on to mention two mushers she has talked to about the situation. I use the O'Connor Creek Trail periodically throughout the year and agree with the assessment. I'm willing to bet some ATV enthusiasts like the mud-bogging challenge of the trail, but unfortunately that make for a very rough trail. I'm just wondering if you guys have any suggestions or comments. I'm a non-motorized trail user and a strong supporter of multi-use trails, and know all users need to work together on situations like this.

Eric Troyer

Messages In This Thread
O'Connor Creek Trail - by etroyer - 03 Dec 09, 11:38 am
O'Connor Creek Trail - by TJVigilante - 03 Dec 09, 12:24 pm
O'Connor Creek Trail - by akram - 03 Dec 09, 08:28 pm
O'Connor Creek Trail - by ChevyKev - 04 Dec 09, 08:41 am
O'Connor Creek Trail - by etroyer - 04 Dec 09, 10:36 am
O'Connor Creek Trail - by TJVigilante - 04 Dec 09, 12:23 pm