Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hitting closer to home
I get the action alerts from the Blue Ribbon Coalition and tend to dismiss some of them cause they aren't up here and I don't have time to read them all. Well not anymore. I didn't think this one had anything to do with us until I got to reading into it more.

The obama administration is disturbing land in AK now. I wont put my opinions here but let you make your own. Please read all the resources I post up and if you find more share them. They are trying the same thing Clinton did to create monuments and take over public and private land which will impact public use of the areas. Cost was estimated at over $2,000,000,000 (yes I meant to put that many 0's in there), and we wonder why we can't get the budget straightened out.

If we don't get involved then this will just be a stepping stone to what else they will be allowed to do. I'm not saying this will shut down areas but it has the potential to and the administration is keeping it a secret. The BRC has tried to get information through the Freedom of Information Act but has been denied and appealed it and denied as have other organizations.

Right now two representatives have introduced House Resolution 1254 to require the Department of Interior to release such information. the Natural Resources Committee is scheduled to vote on this Resolution on 28 April 2010. Please contact your congressman and senators concerning this matter. Contact the committee members and ask them to c-sponsor/sponsor this resolution.

Blue Ribbon Coaliton Action Alert ON this page there are several other links. Also there are some instructions on what you can do to help out including how to get the contact info for our sentators and congressman as well as some talking points to help you out.

BRC Media Release

Bue ribbon Coalition Letter

The leaked memo

a letter Generator to help write your own letter

I am trying to get this on as many websites as possible. So pass it along, email, fax it, call someone whatever. Once again if we don't get involved this will just be the first step to possibly shutting us out of what we like to do.

Messages In This Thread
hitting closer to home - by akram - 22 Apr 10, 12:54 pm
hitting closer to home - by akram - 25 Apr 10, 09:07 pm
hitting closer to home - by akram - 28 Apr 10, 03:06 pm
hitting closer to home - by akram - 07 May 10, 01:09 pm