Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep
So I am going to start a new project now that my truck is operational. The plan is to build it for the next four years until I return to the states and I would like to race the KOH 2014. So this is going to be a long and drawn out process. I am going to purchase as little as I can and machine/fabricate as much as possible. Currently Danika and I are trying to purchase a plasma table to start manufactureing different parts and peices to sell. She wants if for the Alaskan art purpose and I could make some really cool car parts. We are purchasing a Jeep tub and frame from boshos to rebuild my current jeep to sell. With the small amounts of funds out of that rig I will start the project.

Here is the question.

Should I go strait to a complete tube chassy? I was originally going to start with the Jeep YJ frame and chop it off about half way and tube the rest. However I have been doing alot of research on full tube chassis and weight ratios, so know I am leaning towards the tube chassie. The goal is to keep the vehicle weight under 3750 lbs. It will be running no larger than 40" tires and be powered by a 351W. The motor alone weighs a little under 500 lbs from what I can find online, the motor will also be weight reduced with aluminum heads, al intake (stock but modified) and fueled with a BBK throttle body.

All COMMENTS and QUESTIONS and IDEAS are highly incouraged. I should have peaked everyones intrest! Light --like a Sammy, power-- like a Big Iron, and suspension -- like a Desert truck.

Messages In This Thread
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by JeepMadness1979 - 19 May 10, 10:23 am
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by AKMark - 19 May 10, 11:25 am
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by big_bad_jeep - 19 May 10, 11:31 am
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by Zukman - 20 May 10, 07:23 am
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by JeepMadness1979 - 20 May 10, 10:51 am
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by Dr Brian - 20 May 10, 07:52 pm
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by JeepMadness1979 - 20 May 10, 10:44 pm
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by Zukman - 21 May 10, 07:16 am
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by ChevyKev - 21 May 10, 08:45 am
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by JeepMadness1979 - 21 May 10, 09:40 am
Juggy vs Tube buggy vs Jeep - by JeepMadness1979 - 21 May 10, 09:45 am