Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ox Locker problems
So today I went out wheeling after the Meeting with Wagonburner down at south cushman, had a lot of fun and we each almost rolled once on flat ground, but anyway after we had been out there a while i was going to try and climb up an embankment that was all large rocks, I pulled up to the bottom of the hill and got my front tires on the rocks and tried to start crawling up but i wasn't getting any traction, my rear tires were both sinking into some muskeg but both of my front tires were on the rocks. So I had john come take a look and only one of my front tires were spinning. I thought maybe the cable had gotten damaged, but it was in pristine condition. so we headed back to the road so we could get away from the mosquitos. while at the road I thought maybe it just needed to be adjusted, so i took out my tool kit and started gettign the cable all adjusted as per the instructions. Tried to climb another hill and once again Nada was really starting to get pissed because I thought Jiffy Lube might have done something stupid like removing the diff cover and not lining up the fork with the lock ring, so I decided to call it a day. Headed up to the house and started pulling the front diff cover off to check things out. As soon as I got the cover off the problem was immeditely apparent all of the bolts that are supposed to hold the lock ring on had backed out and were all stripped, because they had backed out they had eaten away at the retaining band for the Carrier. At this point we decided to pull the shafts and try and get the carrier out to inspect the damage, which included 6 broken teeth on my ring gear (fortunately the Pinion was still in good shape), the carrier would not pull out so finally we had to get a comealong and pull it out with that anchored to another vehicle. at which point the whole thing fell apart. We finally got all the pieces back together and were deciding what to do. so we headed down to Lowes but they were closed. Walmart didn't have any bolts that fit and neither did Fred Meyers. So in the morning I have to go to the store and find some bolts that fit and hopefully get everything installed. Now I'm off to get some sleep due to my lack of workers for my other project tonight, if anyone wants to help me reinstsll my carrier and shafts you are more than welcome to come up to the house on Overhill sometime after 9:30a Just call my cell first to make sure I'm home and not at the store getting the bolts.

Messages In This Thread
Ox Locker problems - by Darkchild1723 - 13 Aug 06, 12:37 am
Ox Locker problems - by Darkchild1723 - 13 Aug 06, 12:47 am
Ox Locker problems - by sevenslats - 13 Aug 06, 07:07 am
Ox Locker problems - by AKMark - 13 Aug 06, 08:29 am
Ox Locker problems - by naturalbornmudder - 13 Aug 06, 08:43 am
Ox Locker problems - by Darkchild1723 - 13 Aug 06, 11:46 am
Ox Locker problems - by sevenslats - 13 Aug 06, 01:57 pm
Ox Locker problems - by holeski - 13 Aug 06, 02:30 pm
Ox Locker problems - by Darkchild1723 - 13 Aug 06, 02:34 pm
Ox Locker problems - by AKMark - 13 Aug 06, 03:06 pm
Ox Locker problems - by Darkchild1723 - 13 Aug 06, 03:20 pm