Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American Tire is asking for Help!
As a club, American Tire has been very good to us. They have let us use their parking lot for car washes, for the truck show we participated in, and have given good deals to us. Anthony Rizzo has gone out of his way to help many of us. Now, they are asking for our help.

This Saturday, April 21st from 11AM to 1 PM
they are kicking off their "Spring Meltdown Sale"

They have asked if we could bring a collection of vehicles to put on display in their parking lot. They are thinking the front left corner - so as to be visible from the overpass, the Old Rich, and S. Cushman. There will be free sodas and chips, a radio station will be broadcasting live during that time, and they want to make a donation to the club for our support. :lol:

When I called Janine back I got her voicemail and so I said, "I can guarantee 20 rigs for a free set of boggers!" I paused and then said, "Ok, that probably won't work for you, but I'll mention it to the club anyway." When she called me back she had actually checked on 31" boggers to see if she could afford them in her marketing budget! :eek: Big Grin Then, she said that she could make a donation to the club instead!

I'd like to get the ramp down there. I'd like as many of our members - and prospects - to use this as a time to come together and hang out, get some free snacks, help them with publicity, as well as advertising our club and do some stalking!

I'll be there with the Blazer.
I talked to Kelly who intends to come and hang out even though his rig is in the build process.

We need a flashier rig for the ramp - who can make it?
Flashier....what better than a near stock jeep pulling a 600 on the 30* ramp? :p

I'll probably show up to take a look around.
I think I should be able to make it as long as I don't have to work. I'll know for sure on friday.
I'll be there in the XJ. It's not flashy but will w be there none the less. I can disconnect shocks and ramp it also.
Dang this sounds like fun, I cannot make it as I will be participating in baseball assessments during that time, I am managing a team this summer and will be busy with that. Heres a thought/ question though ? Why not have a car wash at the same time since the crew will already be there and it most likely would be a bigger draw for AT ? Seems like a win win situation to me and even more money could be made for AO. Then maybe we could get the club trailer built. (had to throw the razz in there)
Not a bad idea. I would have trouble doing the car wash as I'll have three little ones with me one of which requires constant supervision.
If Eric has my TJ done I can have it their along with the wifes WJ. I've been wanting to ramp my TJ ever since I got the new lift on and Roses WJ just to see what it can do with the BB on it. As long as the weather is good you can count us in.
Kev you should talk them into 33'sWink
FlatBlackXJ Wrote:Kev you should talk them into 33'sWink

holding out for the 38.5x11 Boggers for mud racing! Big Grin
STOMPR Wrote:Then maybe we could get the club trailer built. (had to throw the razz in there)

What are you doing next Thursday night? Big Grin
Next Thursday Night I will be at baseball practice, this I am dedicated to 3 nights a week already. Is there a lack of help on this project ?
STOMPR Wrote:Is there a lack of help on this project ?

Just saw that you were concerned.....:p Big Grin

...I'm saving the :fishslap: for Geoff.
Sounds great free press for the Club and we help a Company that has always done the club right. I hope you guys can support this one fully with as many rigs as possible. If you can not make it maybe someone can shuttle the other rigs in and out to get more there. Just a thought.

John
No top No Doors No Dash But I'll be there.
sounds good i will be there pending any jail time or work. the dodge aint big but she is sure pretty. i got the aor banner you all made for me when i was in iraq. im thinking strung between the cb antenesBig Grin
I plan on making this one if at all possible.
I wont be there the whole time. Maddi has her 4th b-day party that day. So I'll show up and be there for a while then I can leave the XJ there and come back for it later.
STOMPR Wrote:Next Thursday Night I will be at baseball practice, this I am dedicated to 3 nights a week already. Is there a lack of help on this project ?

You play in the Fairbanks Mens League?
I can bring the FSJ with big AO letters in the back window. I will have to watch three kiddos, but I'll be there.
I'll be there w/Jeep, can some with a truck pick up the ramp if not I'll figure something out.
Oh yeah, I'll bring all the banners that I have here as well.
I'm trying to get my Junk to this.
If we need, I'll haul the ramp.
FlatBlackXJ Wrote:You play in the Fairbanks Mens League?
Nope I am Head coach of a 11-12 year old team
ChevyKev Wrote:holding out for the 38.5x11 Boggers for mud racing! Big Grin

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=28011
slats,

Thanks for the link, still out of my price range - and I'm low on play money as I just arranged to buy an ATV form someone Rolleyes :whistle:

If you could ahul the ramp that'd be great - It will save me form driving 2 vehicles down there.
I'd have paid to see you drive 2 vehicles, though.