Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suspension lift for K30
Kev, you could do it on the K-5 so I could get rid of the blocks Big Grin
I called 4WheelParts this morning about the order. They said it shipped yesterday and they will be e-mailing me the UPS tracking numbers today. He didn't say anything about extra shipping costs and I haven't seen anything added to my credit card. If they try add on extra shipping costs later, I'll tell them they can take the order back and eat shipping costs both ways.

I think the free shipping was limited to suspension stuff, tires, and performance and may only be to the end of the month. I may have lucked out.
AKMark Wrote:Kev, you could do it on the K-5 so I could get rid of the blocks Big Grin

ok.
Twin_Kings Wrote:I called 4WheelParts this morning about the order. They said it shipped yesterday and they will be e-mailing me the UPS tracking numbers today. He didn't say anything about extra shipping costs and I haven't seen anything added to my credit card. If they try add on extra shipping costs later, I'll tell them they can take the order back and eat shipping costs both ways.

I think the free shipping was limited to suspension stuff, tires, and performance and may only be to the end of the month. I may have lucked out.

I'm glad they didn;t read my post, then. Congrats. and bonus on the UPS over USPS.
ChevyKev Wrote:"I want to make a shackle flip" in other words, I want to design and produce something similar, so if you don't mind being a sort of test vehicle...

My summer is busy, so I'm kind of on a time crunch. How long would it take you to get one fabbed up? How long would you need the truck, if at all? I could do install myself if you build it. What about bushing, can you provide those also?

From ORD's website, the 1 ton shackle flip is different from the 1/2 and 3/4 tons. Must have to do with centering the axle with the 56" springs.
Twin_Kings Wrote:I called 4WheelParts this morning about the order. They said it shipped yesterday and they will be e-mailing me the UPS tracking numbers today. He didn't say anything about extra shipping costs and I haven't seen anything added to my credit card. If they try add on extra shipping costs later, I'll tell them they can take the order back and eat shipping costs both ways.

4WheelParts only charge my card for the parts amount, not shipping. So it looks like free shipping may have worked.

I got tracking numbers for UPS Ground, but the UPS website says "UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later."

I'll have to call UPS in the morning.

BTW, my UPS Ground order from OffroadUnlimited arrived in one week.
That's awesome. I should try something like that.
Twin_Kings Wrote:My summer is busy, so I'm kind of on a time crunch. How long would it take you to get one fabbed up? How long would you need the truck, if at all? I could do install myself if you build it. What about bushing, can you provide those also?

From ORD's website, the 1 ton shackle flip is different from the 1/2 and 3/4 tons. Must have to do with centering the axle with the 56" springs.

Seeing as they are different, I'd want the truck to do this.

I could possibly come up with a new bushing, I'd just need to look around.

I think it should only take a day to do, if I can clear my schedule, have you swing it by early morning, I can get it back to you by the end of that day. (or you could drop it ioff the night before.)
ChevyKev Wrote:Seeing as they are different, I'd want the truck to do this.

I could possibly come up with a new bushing, I'd just need to look around.

I think it should only take a day to do, if I can clear my schedule, have you swing it by early morning, I can get it back to you by the end of that day. (or you could drop it ioff the night before.)

Sorry Kevin, that post was from 2 weeks ago. I didn't hear back from you and ordered from ORD. I have the 4" 1ton shackle flip kit in the garage. If you want to see them to make a template for future reference, just get contact me.
Will do - sorry about my delayed response.
Free shipping didn't work out. Sad It took lots of calling, then finally someone walked out to the warehouse and figure things out. Got called back and they said free shipping didn't work for Alaska and Hawaii. Shipping was going to be $397!!!, but they'd discounted it to $225. I am going to think it over, I need to check local prices on lift tomorrow.

I can understand about not being free to Alaska, but I had to try. I am upset that it took 2 weeks for them to tell me this!
Bummer...I had a similar experience with a winch. "Free Shipping!!!" No disclaimer...then boom 135 bucks to ship a 75# winch through UPS. I passed on that one. Big Grin
Wow. Way to crap on you.
Walk away, but not empty handed. ask for some reimbursement for your time. Explain your work schedule, the M&G you were planning to attend, your sick aunt...
I shopped around town and found that it was going to be $815 for the springs, steering correction, and shocks. I didn't get a price for the u-bolts, but I would figure at least $50. So $865 minimum.

I called 4WheelParts to cancel the order and he said no problem and it would be credited to my account. He called back a few minutes later and said his manager didn't want me to go away upset and would ship it for $100. Remember, shipping was going to be $397!!!, but they'd discounted it to $225. Now even with the shipping, it is $100 less than I could get everything I needed, so I went for it. It will ship tomorrow.
Suspension was delivered today! Now I'll just have to find time to install it.