Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calico Recovery
I'm headed out around noon to get my truck. The plan is to replace all the shafts I can and try to drive out. I'll be bringing Kevins trailer to tow it back to town. My rear locker and air compressor are toast and my winch is dead so I may still need assistance even if I get it rolling under it's own power. Fortunatly we were able to get it up from the lower loop so the rest of the trail isn't to bad. Steve is going to bring out his Rubicon so we have a winch available. It would be a good idea if we had at least one more rig along just in case. If anyone wants to help out give me a call on my cell phone (347-7763) any help will be appreciated.
trying to get the sami out of the snowbank and started and heading that way
anyone else able to go?
I am gonna go out and help, I will need to follow somebody. Just got off the phone with OLE, he wil be heading out in about an hour. My number is 687-0338
I got the message late on this. I called Ole at about 2 when I got home. They (He, Merick, and Tony) were headed south just past Salcha. With any luck, they will be home sooner than last night.
were back with the worlds biggest front wheel drive truck, and more A.O. fun as usual. Tony got to make a new friend you should ask him about it. anyways it late might add more tomarrow or someone else will
Good to hear. Again, I feel like a total punk for backing out. I just had too much to get ready for cold weather training tomorrow.
Somehow my taillights stopped working while on the trail. Heading back I got about 10 miles or so and got pulled over. The highway patrolman was nice and I was like "oh.. I didn't know those were out" and he asked me how often I drove the beast, I said "once a month or so" and he said be careful going back to Fairbanks. Ole's trailer lights weren't working and Merick's tags and IM were expired.... but I am the one that got pulled over... but the Hummer is an attention magnet anyway. I am just glad I didn't get a ticket!!

I knew Ole Jinxed us when he said he could have the Dana 60 fixed in "10 or 15 minutes".... we spent about an hour and a half on it and the old shaft still wouldn't come out. So we move on to the front and got it fixed. Ole's rig does pretty good as a front wheel drive. His wife makes pretty darn good sandwiches and hot chocolate too.

Well guys I am tired and have to get up and do PT tommorrow.... I am sure it will be a 5 mile run... the usual.

Only daylight wheelin for me until I fix the taillight issue.
Good to hear.
A big THANKS to Tony and Marek for Using up the remainder of thier weekend to help me retrieve my truck. Also to Kevin for the trailer, Tom for the reciever hitch, And everyone who was on standby just in case. It's great to be a part of a club that's got your back when you need it most.
My truck is going to be down for a while since there are so many issues to be adressed. Many of you know I've been plannig to build another rig. I'm going to take a little breather and decide whether to build a second rig or to morph Calico into the ultimate trail rig that I wanted to build. With so many things to fix, and since I'm replacing both axles anyway, I may just take her down to the frame and start from scratch.