Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
blazer restore
well i pick up a 91 k5 on base or should i say i stoled a 91 k5. the guy was asking 700 but after talking to him i got it for 300. body is in very nice shape besides it having front end damage, but its all sheet metal. the 350 in it runs good, 4x4 works but i probly need u-joints all the way around. interior is the best i have seen for a vehicle this old. im looking at just redoing the body for now to stock. with it being fuel injected i will most likely make it my daliy driver for now until i fix and get akmarks old blazer to where i want it. i found good front fenders, hood, and front core support for cheap here in town. looking like its going to be the winter project for now. her are some pic of it in my garage . the frame is in good shape. that is one thing i checked before buying it. i am in the process of pulling the fenders off it right now. too the pics
[Image: blazer008.jpg]
[Image: blazer007.jpg]
[Image: blazer006.jpg]
[Image: blazer005.jpg]
[Image: blazer004.jpg]
[Image: blazer003.jpg]
yeh you might want to check that frame again
the frame is striaght it really just that coner it was hit pretty high on the body. worst case i pull the motor and drop it in akmarks and possibly the interior and sell the axels and scrap the rest.
Don't swap out the motor in the 74, it's built and has only 4-5K on it. Put the EFI on it if you want, but don't swap motors.

I would get with Kev prior to going elsewhere for parts, guarantee he's got what you need and you'll be better off in the long run. (IE If something doesn't work, you can take it back for something that does, or modify it to.)
hey i have a complete front clip for you if you want it, hood included... i might be willing to sell it cheaper than you can get your other one... (mines in almost immaculate condition) and has dual battery trays
the 91 blazer restore was short lived. i have decided to sell it. i dont have the time to even start on it. i plan to take what parts i need for the 74 k-5 ie.. seats and steering colum and then put it up for sale. first person with $500 gets it