Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tires
ok i know we all have our favorite brands. im looking at running something different. i have ran swampers, bfg's, and a few others. what im thinking of now for the blazer is pit bulls. im looking at eather the growlers at or the rocker's. i have heard alot of good things about these tires. any comments welcome
dman357 is the only alaskan running them and he seems to like them .. they look real good with alot of good digger lugs and side wall protection .. i think it would be a good choice
Aside from being called "Rockers", they have huge voids, huge lugs, huge side lugs, and tough sidewalls, so they'd be all but perfect for interior AK. The strange lug design would be awesome for clearing the voids of mud, if there exists a mud gooey enough to clog those badboys.
I was looking at them too, a bit rich for my blood at the moment and I've read not the greatest for a DD due to 25K life span. If I could have a trailer toy, these would be on the list for me. There is someone at the alaska4x4network that sells them...

http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=33226
LOL @ GiJoeys SiG!! :lol:
pitbullguy on alaska4x4network and i have been pming back and forth. he wont have them for another 3 weeks. i decided to get the rockers. i really wont be driving the blazer that much due to the field and deployment in the future so they should last long. 1307 for the rockers plus frieght from achorage unless i meet him halfway which would be for expensive to in gas for the blazer. but if any one ealse wants a set of the the pitbulls he will deliver them himself and we just pay for his gas up here. so if anyone ealse is interested let me know and we can split the gas bill.
Good for you. Looking forward to pics and real-worl feedback.