Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
street legal beadlocks
saw these in petersons. i had to check them out being they are made in michigan. they ran them in petersons with only 4psi and did the side ways drag and couldnt break a bead. i priced a set of 15x10's. they are 450 for a set of 4 and you can use any rim you like. you just need to drill an extra hole for the innertube oppisite the other valve stem.
I don't see a link in your post. Are you talking about Staun beadlock insert?
sorry forgot the link
innerairlock.com
Staun wannabes, I saw 'em in peterson's as well, they look almost identical...
mousee Wrote:Staun wannabes, I saw 'em in peterson's as well, they look almost identical...

No info on their web page about materials and construction.:confused: Are they just cheap knockoffs or will they hold-up? They're cheaper than StaunSmile...finally some competition to keep prices downCool...unless it's a "you get what you pay for" comparison.Sad

I know the Staun version's made to handle some noBS serious abuse. Maybe these would be plenty tough for all but the hardest wheeling.?
http://trailkrawlers4x4.org/tkbbs/viewto...7173#67173

I like the idea of using a standard inner tube. Cheaply replaceable. I'll bet that's why they're overall cheaper than the Stauns too.
There is nothing special about the staun tubes. They are just a regular tube. As long as you get the correct size and stem there are no issues, I would bet American Tire has them in stock. The ones that come with the Stauns have a bolt in stem, so if you use one without the bolt in, you may need to make the hole a bit larger...
they are made pretty heavy duty. like i said they ran them with only 4psi and then drug the truck side ways on 4psi to try and break the bead with no luck. i think for most of the wheeling we do around hear they would be just fine.
The trailkrawlers is a good group of people. Lots of info on there website.
With this style beadlock, either Staun or these, they work great up there. I ran zero air on manchu (?) without issue other than a lack of ground clearance. Later on I realized I had a slow leak from packing crap in the bead from grinding frozen ruts. Never lost a bead though. I am still running them and still love 'em. Crazy just got a set for his little beasty too recently...

I am not a fan of regular beadlocks, 'cause they are a real pita to mount, difficult to balance and weigh a ton. The internals are a true double beadlock, install easy (if you can stuff a tube you could easily do these), and are vertually undetectable driving or visual. Now you don't get the ego boost of people looking at your wheels a oohing and awing over them...