Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help!!!
im down to half a truck. My 76 dodge power wagon runs, but its havn major problems. it has a 440, a facet fuel pump, and a bed mounted gas tank. at first, it just died in the mud, but now its doing it on the street as well. i have to pull off the road, remove the fuel line from the carb, and run all the air outa the hose. then about 10 mins later it does it again. anyone have any sugestions? also, the rings are going. do i need to rebuild the whole engine or can i just hone the cylinders and replace the rings? i really need help with this beast cause its a crazy truck, it just has problems. also, im ona tigth budget, and considering i boutgh it for 300 bucks a year ago, i dont really have alota cash to spend on it
check your tank , might have something in it
is the fuel line fastened into the tank at all? It has to be getting air in it somehow.
yeah that could be it, it has hose clamps on all the fittns i should tighn them
Replace the fuel filter. Sounds like it is getting plugged. It's cheap and easy. If that doesn't cure it, then go from there.

Of course, I have heard of a grasshopper that was stuck in a fuel line and would occasionally block the passage as well, so who knows Big Grin
Replace fuel filter.
Tighten all clamps
If that doesn't work -
Remove line and blow out tlines, replace all clamps or ensure they are good.
Replace fuel pump if outside the tank - as sometimes when they go bad they can introduce air into the system.
Possibility of the screen in the tank itself being clogged. If it has one.
yeah that sounds good. when i read blow it out i got the funniest thougth of me with my mouth on a fuel line blowing.................. hah think ill use an air compressor. does the fuel pump need to flow more with the engine at higher rpms? rigth now it has two speeds, on and off