Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belly Up
Anybody ever made one? I was considering having one made local, maybe flat across, but I am sure I would need a BL to make it fit. Im just really tired of the shovel hanging under my jeep. I know I will need a SYE/ CV Driveshaft as well, but I think I can cover that much. Any Ideas?
you'll need a bodylift, maybe clearance your tub, and clock the t-case(dunno about that last one though). I think it's a good idea....but is it really that important when you still have the gas tank hanging low like a shorn dog in the tail end?
Yes you will need a 1" BL as a minimum. I'm running a 33 enginering BU that brings the tranny level with the bottom of the frame and I wish I would have went with the JKS 1 1/4" because my TC linkage still rubs on the body but not enough to bug me just yet. Along with the BL and BU you should also get a 1"MML and a TC relocation bracket to move it off of the body, this will cure the head ache of linkage binding. As far as having one made I don't know anyone who has made one or if Holski or some one has made one. Those are my :2cents:
I know a guy who fabbed up a belly up skidder. Looks real nice. More clearance than the 33E.
http://www.holeproofindustries.com/Fab%2...0plate.htm

[Image: yj%20ramp%20rotw.jpg]
[Image: Yj%20skid%20plate.jpg]
I'll be fabbin a custom jobbie this winter. Mine will be a little different, since I have a d300 in there.
But the basis of it will be an extra stock skid, cut and rebent, to provide optimum ground clearance in spots where it's available. I already have a 1" NHL lift, but even with that, my tcase has self-clearanced the tub a little. :oops:
theres the guy I know who did it. Is there anything holeski hasn't done?
Thats exactly what I was thinking of. Was ther anything else you had to do?
A Belly-Up Skid Plate is a great way to gain some clearance.
It is however not a stand-alone modification.
A 1" , or more, body lift, Slip Yoke Eliminator (SYE) and CV style drive shaft
are required.
Some under body trimming and manipulation of the floor pan may be needed
to clear the transfer case or other drive line parts.
A motor mount lift is recommended but not necessary.