Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pitbull Rocker vs TSL bias
42 x 15 x 16.5

What do you think? they are close to the same price the Rockers are a touch more but not enough to matter. The wife has already signed off on buying the tires need to do it today or tomorrow before she changes her mind!!! Big Grin
I'm running TSL's and love them for traction but am looking elsewhere for my next set. For a trail only rig they're great. They are absolutley unbalanceable and make longer trips to the trailhead very aggravating. The newer generations of bias plys seem to have much better road manners. I'm considering Pitbulls for my next tire upgrade. Carl liked his enough to buy a second set.
I concur with Ole and for his reasons. If I can afford it, I'm thinking of Pitbulls when I build the next rig.
The pitbulls seam a little stickier that the TSL. The TSL will probably last longer though... I plan on trailering to the trails so road manners isnt a big deal with me...
What is the smallest rim you can run over a D60/14 bolt?
15 with trimming of the front brake calipers and the right backspacing.

16's fit like a glove.

16.5's shouldn't be run unless they are your only option, don't hold beads well.
16.5's are easy to get double beadlocks for (H1s) and tires for them are cheap(used) which doesn't seem to be a problem for you as you're buying new.

I'd definitely go rockers...they seem to have what it takes for the terrain around here.
I know 1 person who runs pitbulls - not that they are bad - they seem to work good. But I know dozens who run the TSL's.

Until I know more who personally run pitbulls - Ill stick with the tried and tested.

I would not go 15" on a dana 60. I did this with a 44 front and had to shave a bit of the calipers - I can't imagine what you'd have to shave off of a 60. 16" min would be my recommendation.
http://www.innerairlock.com/index.html

Aint nothin' wrong with 16.5" rims if you do it right...and rims are often cheaper for the wider ones. If you're searching salvage, 10" wide rims are easier to come by in 16.5" than 16". I may be wrong on that one.

I can't really air mine down now because they won't hold the bead, but the innerair locks will happen eventually.
I'm getting 37 rockers they are on the why. I've been wanting to try these tires for a long time. I'll let you know how they are. for what I here they ware better on the road than the tsl's and they have so many edges they have to be great on the terrain here in AK.
I ran 38 TSLs on my YJ but I changed over to the Pitbulls, I havnt had a chance to try them out yet but I was very impressed by Carls, so much I bought them when he decided to go with bigger pitbulls. The ride was way better and I am pretty sure the pitbulls have a thicker sidewall, I mounted the ones I have and they were a Pain when I put them on carls rims. There is a guy in anchorage giving good deals right now on these tires, he has posted here. He goes by Pitbull guy
AKMark Wrote:15 with trimming of the front brake calipers and the right backspacing.

Trimming of the Brake Caliper??? DANGER!!!! :eek: Modifying Safety equipment is usually not a very good idea.

Though I suppose you could always go with the cross drilled Brake lines too. Big Grin
You can pick them up here >> http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_pag...ducts_id=1

and only $70 LOL :lol:
Mr Anderson Wrote:Trimming of the Brake Caliper??? DANGER!!!! :eek: Modifying Safety equipment is usually not a very good idea.

I know of several who have done it without issue. You just need to know where and what to trim. You also need the correct amount of backspacing so you don't have to grind so much.

I agree that it would be better not to grind the calipers, but some don't mind, and I haven't seen or even heard of one that has failed yet.