Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAWL Magazine - Submit Your Rig
Hey guys, I'm Tim, editor of CRAWL Magazine. We're lookig for both feature rigs and readers rides and find forums a good place to dig up cool rigs, hope my post is okay. See below on how to submit your rig.

Alright, we're looking for your rigs. Starting in our May/June issue we're going to have a reader's rides type section (it will have a more unique title than that) and will feature probably 4-8 rigs in every issue. We're going to do it a little better than the other mags have done, with color photos and a full spec list, plus sick CRAWL style layouts. If you're rig is worthy, we may even call you for a full feature, so make sure you're contact info is correct. Please don't post photos in this thread, we want it to be a surprise to most of our readers if you're rig gets in there we will send you some swag. We're looking for built rigs, Jeeps, Toyotas, Broncos, buggies, Fords etc. with 35" or larger tires, built axles and something worthy of a magazine. If in doubt, send it anyhow, we don't mind looking thru cool pics.

Here is what we need from you:

3-4 high resolution photos. High res means shot atleast with a 4 megapixel camera, or better. If you do not have these shots already, find a friend with a nice camera, buy him beer and hot dogs and get him to come shoot it. Make sure the background isn't cluttered, shadows are not harsh and if you shoot the photo naked, makes sure we can't see a refelction of your uh... hot dog and beer in the chrome bumper. And make damn sure there are no dogs (hot or otherwise) humping in the background.

Vehicle Make:
Vehicle Model:
Vehicle Year:
Vehicle Color:
Engine Type:
Transmission:
Transfer Case(s):
Drivelines:
Front Axle:
Front Locker:
Rear Axle:
Rear Locker:
Gear Ratio:
Tires:
Wheels:
Wheelbase:
Front Suspension:
Rear Suspension:
Shocks:
Other Mods:

Your Name:
Your Hometown:
Your Phone Number:
Your Address:
Your Email:
Your ATM Pin Number: (just kidding, we don't even have your card)

Then tell us a little about your rig, how long you have had it, how long you have been wheeling (be honest haha), where do you like to wheel and with who (club, friends, alone, imaginary friends), future plans (be realistic)

Copy/Paste this list to an email and fill it out, and send along with a few high res photos to: rides@crawlmag.com

Gracias.
35s are larger? You know rigs with 33s are VERY capable.. Wink

I need built axles to be thought of for a readers ride section?...
Have ya seen our mag? We don't **** around :o

My buggy has 42" Iroks and flipped low pinion 60's with an LS-1 rear chassis mounted. :p

We want our readers rides as tough as the est, what ya got for me? Did I land in a stock Jeep club forum? :flipoff
Whoa with the language chief.....take a look at the gallery and see if there's something there that catches your eye, no need to insult members.

And I'll see you in about a year with my 3/4 ton full widths, cage and 36" iroks.
crawlmag Wrote:My buggy has 42" Iroks and flipped low pinion 60's with an LS-1 rear chassis mounted. :p

link please.

crawlmag Wrote:...what ya got for me? Did I land in a stock Jeep club forum? :flipoff

ROFL. There are a couple non-stockers here on better than 35s. Cool
holeski Wrote:Sorry never heard of your mag, why don’t you shot us some copies so we can take a look.

Sorry to say but for the most part yes, not that this is all bad. Most of the people are cool. I run 37’s on my YJ and might go to 40’s later this year. Pro rock 60 rear 44 front bluh bluh bluh.
``
I hate this new fourm.
crawlmag Wrote:Have ya seen our mag? :o
Sorry never heard of your mag, why don’t you shot us some copies so we can take a look.

crawlmag Wrote:Did I land in a stock Jeep club forum? :flipoff
Sorry to say but for the most part yes, not that this is all bad. Most of the people are cool. I run 37’s on my YJ and might go to 40’s later this year. Pro rock 60 rear 44 front bluh bluh bluh.
holeski Wrote:I hate this new fourm.

You suck at the internet brother! :poke:

Love you man. I miss the camping, beer, and water-logged rescues. Did you already start a thread on the YJ upgrades?
Jeeps aren't the only vehicles run here. We have a couple of Zukis, an X, some chevies, and some other assorted vehicles. Did I miss any? Look at our Gallery and you'll see what you see. Oh, by the way, watch the language.
Ah in case you missed it our gallery sucks and most of the photos are gone.
And no haven’t started anything on the YJ Looking of a NV4500 to put in.
Sorry some of us are a bit skeptical, there has been a rash of 4X4 thefts here in Alaska due to posts in forums similar to yours. Not saying you have the same intentions, but I'm sure you can understand our skepticism.
Tim welcome to the forum.

Our rigs arent monsterous for the most part. We have some Chevy's on 38's and 40's, one of few documented SAS'ed Exo'ed Xterras, plenty of locked TJ's on 33's and 35's, a sicko ARB YJ on 37's with goodies, Zuke's on 33's, custom fabbed long arm XJ, etc.

All are still daily drivers, but well modded and fabbed.

I have heard of your magazine but have never seen it nor heard of how to get it till now.
naturalbornmudder Wrote:Tim welcome to the forum.

Our rigs arent monsterous for the most part. We have some Chevy's on 38's and 40's, one of few documented SAS'ed Exo'ed Xterras, plenty of locked TJ's on 33's and 35's, a sicko ARB YJ on 37's with goodies, Zuke's on 33's, custom fabbed long arm XJ, etc.

All are still daily drivers, but well modded and fabbed.

I have heard of your magazine but have never seen it nor heard of how to get it till now.
Hey hey the zuk is a garage queen. Smile
I presume this is the website:

http://www.crawlmag.com/
Wow the guy comes here offering a little publicity and you guys freak out? It's apparent the magazine is based on a certain aspect of 4 wheeling, which is Rock Crawling...hence the name. If your rig doesn't meet his critera, get over it...mine doesn't either but you don't here me complaining about it. At least he is honest enough to tell you what there looking for, no need for him to fluff it up and get your hopes up for nothing. Also regarding the language, well over the last week or so I've seen a trend in people including cuss words in there posts...and this is from people who have been here awhile and know the rules, so if you want to call people out then look in the mirror(for those who are guilty). Point being you guys need to lighten up...
AK20 Wrote:Wow the guy comes here offering a little publicity and you guys freak out? It's apparent the magazine is based on a certain aspect of 4 wheeling, which is Rock Crawling...hence the name. If your rig doesn't meet his critera, get over it...mine doesn't either but you don't here me complaining about it. At least he is honest enough to tell you what there looking for, no need for him to fluff it up and get your hopes up for nothing. Also regarding the language, well over the last week or so I've seen a trend in people including cuss words in there posts...and this is from people who have been here awhile and know the rules, so if you want to call people out then look in the mirror(for those who are guilty). Point being you guys need to lighten up...

Agreed.
Agree with exception....

the exception being the language. We used to have a filter to clear out the cuss words. I understand this guy wasnt doing it to be malicious, so he isn't to be lectured, but like Ryan said and AJ cued, it is the membership which should be looking. If ya didnt know, the cuss block is off, so watch yer language.

I am going to delete any post flaming, just as I would any other person or thread.
AK20 Wrote:Wow the guy comes here offering a little publicity and you guys freak out? It's apparent the magazine is based on a certain aspect of 4 wheeling, which is Rock Crawling...hence the name. If your rig doesn't meet his critera, get over it...mine doesn't either but you don't here me complaining about it. At least he is honest enough to tell you what there looking for, no need for him to fluff it up and get your hopes up for nothing. Also regarding the language, well over the last week or so I've seen a trend in people including cuss words in there posts...and this is from people who have been here awhile and know the rules, so if you want to call people out then look in the mirror(for those who are guilty). Point being you guys need to lighten up...

I never said a thing about the zuki being capable of having a featurei n the mag... I dont want it in it Wink

All I said was theres rigs with 33s that are VERY capable Wink
dang ya'll someone said stock rig forum and everyone starts throwing knives at this poor guy???????? YIKES CHILL OUT...... anyways looked at the site and WOW in my jeeps wildest dreams.... anyways ROB and ERIC's rides should be up to this. at least I would think so.
LowNSlowNeon Wrote:35s are larger? You know rigs with 33s are VERY capable.. Wink

I need built axles to be thought of for a readers ride section?...

Your questioning his requirments which is what I said, with both your points being about your rig...hmmm 33's are capable, what size tires are your running again? Problem with built axles also, remind me if you have built axles... No different than people(no finger pointing) complaining about trail requirments when there rig doesn't meet one or more of them they throw a fit..get over it, life will go on.
Here Here. Tim, I appreciate you thowing out this info for any of us who may fit your specs. I apologize on behalf of the club for any hard feelings caused by some of the posts.

Just to make a note. I would love the X to be in a magazine. It is the only Exo'ed SAS'ed Xterra out there. About 10-15 sas'ed exist but none exoed unless they found pics of mine on the net and copied it. I wasnt going to hop on this boat because I did not fit the bill. I did not find it offensive that the excluded me or anyone else on 33s or less. I respect the decision Tim made to limit what he wanted pics of. No need for mall crawlers in a rock climbing book right :O). We have a calendar coming out next year. Get some good poser shots with your rig so you can submit it for next years calander.
I just wish we had terrain up here that required a purpose built crawler. If we do, I haven't seen it.
Quote:Get some good poser shots with your rig so you can submit it for next years calander.

Mr Secretary, we voted for action shots for this coming years calander.
Posed in action. Not at Bently mall hanging through the Mcy D's drive thru.
XFactor Wrote:Posed in action. Not at Bently mall hanging through the Mcy D's drive thru.
|

Sad

There goes my submission...