Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Jeep!

I pick up a new to me Jeep Saturday.
I will be the proud owner of yet another JEEP. A 90 Comanche, or MJ. It will start its days as a 4 cyl. but I have an I6 4.0L in the garage, maybe a stroker? It will be my DD until I get the YJ back up and trail worthy then it will under go a small build up, so once again the trails here will be a challenge.:bad:
Im sorry to hear that..

jk COOL! Smile
Congrats, now get one trail worthy so we can ride...it's been awhile, matter of fact it's been since Wayne's birthday when you guys bailed me out at Husky!
What happened to your other Jeep truck?!
holeski Wrote: so once again the trails here will be a challenge.:bad:

Why the thumbs down? Isn't the whole point to be challenged? It get boring if it's too easy...
Where are the picks of the new family member????

Glad to hear you will have something to wheel until the YJ is back!
What kind of rear axle does it have Eric? I think some of thoes came with a factory Dana 44...
The MJ's are awesome rigs. YOu should be able to have a lot of fun tinkering with it
I had an 88 MJ that I wheeled hard - they were tough in stock form, even better modded. However I was young when I wheeled it, and like Kyle, found out the hard way that jumping trucks normally leads to a lot of damage and expensive repairs.
I hope it has a D35 in it. Now there's a challenge. Don't be a punk and swap the pro rock under there with ARB's n suchWink

The sick part is, with all the parts Eric has for Jeeps, that thing could be rolling on 4.56's , ARB's front and rear, front and rear 44's or a rear 60, tires in the 30, 31, 33, 35, and 46" variety, and there is enough material at his house to have a custom roll cage in less than 6 hours!:allrighty:
Try to keep it within 8 feet of the ground.
ChevyKev Wrote:I was young when I wheeled it, and like Kyle, found out the hard way that jumping trucks normally leads to a lot of damage and expensive repairs.

Come on now, it was only a little bend in the axle...

I'm curious about the j-truck as well. I thought you had the engine for it rebuilt already?
It has a Dana 35 rear and 30 front w/ 4.10 gears. I have bigger axles I could swap in but I still haven’t done the XJ’s 44 swaps. The J-10 well I put the motor all back together and when it reaches operating temp it starts to knock. I think it’s a wrist pin. Needs to get broke down.
Do you have pics of it yet?
Yeah, I have a few. I’ll post them later. Well so far we cleaned and cleaned. I pulled the driver front corner panel off since it was smashed. It came with a new one painted to match. So I’ll throw that on later. I did a tune up. Plugs, fuel filter, air filter, cap, rotor and oil change. Oh and don’t forget some Holeproof decals. I have a set of ACOS coming and when they get here I’ll SOA the rear and use the ACOS to adjust the front height. I also have a set of 6 cyl. XJ coils that I’ll put in there. Then I’ll throw those 30" mud rovers that no one would buy on it and maybe that other XJ front skid plate. With all that done I’ll have about $1000 into it. Now to start building a bed roll cage. Oh and I still have a locker for a 35 no one ever bought.
I'm glad you got it, did you get a good deal? Have fun.
see, I told ya all. Just in spare parts, Eric can build a moderate wheeler in no time.
Jackrabbit Wrote:I'm glad you got it, did you get a good deal? Have fun.
$700 and that guy was a pig. Na-ass-ty.
I am too lazy to up load photos to my web site right now. I put a new battery that I had laying around into the MJ. Added a trickle drip charger, finished the corner panel install. The tires on it now are 26" tall so going to 30’s is a nice sized jump. I played with the ideal of trimming the fenders while I was down there, but decided not to. I what to try and keep it clean for as long as I can. Although if I had the money I would order a set of 2 door XJ bushwhacker flares and a snorkel. I started to de-badge it and will look into removing the factory side decals. I think the camper shell should come off but Heather likes it and it would be nice for camping. I just can’t build the roll bars/cage that I was thinking of doing. The rear bumper is beefy so there is no reason to tare it off just so I can build one, I’ll just add a few of my own touches to it later.
[Image: MJ%2001.jpg]

[Image: MJ%2002.jpg]
[Image: MJ%2003.jpg]
The first photo is the day I went to look at it. The second is the bashed in corner panel. And the third is the new panel after I installed it and that’s how it looks as of now. The build up will be here.

[SIZE=2]http://www.holeproofindustries.com/our%2...ges/MJ.htm
[/SIZE]
I'd say it has potential. Sure looks clean for under a grand.
under $1000? damn! that's a good deal. It runs? I have always heard that if it runs, and is 4wheel drive it goes foir $2000 regardless of condition... Good score bro!
score :allrighty:
Inside was nasty, still lots of cleaning to do it has heat too.