Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
95 cummins
haha yeah so looks like im buying it. wife is happy cause now she gets to drive the other dodge. anyway, after i rebuild the motor, which that and a upgraded clutch is the first things to do, what else can i do to this to make power. i looked on some diesel forums, and it appers theres alota power to be had for not alota money, but some things like modifing the fuel plate and turning a smoke screw slip by me. So, anyone got an experiance with diesel trucks? im a gas guy so i really dont have alota experiance here. any help is appreciated
These motors have a lot of reserve power to be had. Join TDR (turbo diesel registry) and you will ifnd more information than you even need. Replacing your fuel pick up and pump wwould be a good start. Not the cheapest and not only for power but for longevity. You can modify the fuel plate instead of buying th einfamous #10 plate and turn the "star" wheel up. Very simple stuff. This is a mechanical fuel pump so mods are limited. Intake and exhaust are a good investment also.
ive been seeing claims of 350 hp and 700ft pounds for a few simple mods, like the fuel plate, the star screw, injectors, some sorta return springs, exhaust and intake. i already plan on the exhaust being 4 inch from the turbo back to twin stacks in the bed, and putting and intake. anything else? the truck should be being deliverd here soon, anyone got free time to go investigate the knock for me? so forums say that its sometimes just a bearing and that you can just pull the bottom end apart and keep the top goood for 400,000 with good maintanice. if any one has any free time when it gets delivered dou mind going to take a look at it, we live near the golf course on wainwrigth
pm me for phone # and directions
parts list for about 400hp and 700ft pounds

intake
4-5 inch turbo back-dual stacks in bed
airdog 150gph lift pump
tweak the p-pump
fuel plate grinded to a #100 profile
191 delivery valves
some BOSCH or DDP injectors
3-5k govener spring kit
tap the KDP
intake horn
GUAGES
undetermined brand of organic/ceramic clutch or full ceramic.
trucks coming intoday, anyone know of any disesel shops in the area
Diesel+Doctor. Most popular in town. They are in the book.
do they do custom work or just regular repairs?
Diesel will do custom work. Just flash the cash. They were making custom exhaust. The work isn't too hard to do yourself for the most part.