Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2" Coil Spacer lift?
I have several questions about the 2" coil spacer lift. I know several people who have them, but i have yet to ride in a jeep with one.

Is it neccessary to replace the stock shocks? I know it is reccommended.

How does it effect your ride?

Is the suspension stiif, does it take away the smooth riding stock suspension?

What 2" kit do you reccommend?
Check out my post in the 4x4 Tech section about WJ lift. It is what were discussing there.

Thread is "What size lift....?"
You can use your stock shocks, but I wouldn't recommend it if your going offroad. You can get a complete Budget Boost Kit which includes spacers, shocks and rear bumpstops pretty cheap.
Definitely get longer shocks. I'm running stock shocks, and I have yet to test my flex but I can assume my downtravel blows hardcore.
You'll ruin your shock quick if you flex your suspension much.
That is, with a BB and stock-length shocks.
Have the 2" spacers on Missy's TJ since we left AK in '04. Added on a 1" BL for the Rock SliderZ to mount up. No issues with her shocks. I just recently swapped on Donnie's Rubi ones though.

SilverstoneXJ Wrote:.
Have the 2" spacers on Missy's TJ since we left AK in '04. Added on a 1" BL for the Rock SliderZ to mount up. No issues with her shocks. I just recently swapped on Donnie's Rubi ones though.

If you disconnect your swaybar and hit something while flexing, your gonna bend your shocks. Your not going to get the benefit of your Budget Boost when your shocks are holding your axle up and not letting it flex to the ground. Again, this is no big deal if you plan to stay on the paved road.
Well, she's only had it maxed flexed once, because she grenaded the D35 on that trail run. We'll see how she performs in Moab next month. EJS '06, yeah baby.