Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whadaya think of those H3's?
Not much has been said...absolutely nothing to be honest...on this site about the new Hummer H3's. Best approach, departure & breakover angle in its class. Optional 33" tires! Peak torque at 2800 RPM. Cheaper than the LR3 & Grand Cherokee! Come on guys! What's it gonna take?
well, it is the same as a chevy colorado, 5 Cyl......nuff said.
overpriced, overweight, underachieving piece of crap. Get ya a nice old jeep and make it a REALLY nice old jeep for the same money or less.
Girls rig. They needed to stick with the traditional. H2 and H3 are cheap knockoffs. IMO.
:dito: You can make one heck of 4x4 with half the sticker on one of those. Besides, if you spend that much up front, are you going to want to wheel it?
Ronster Wrote::dito: You can make one heck of 4x4 with half the sticker on one of those. Besides, if you spend that much up front, are you going to want to wheel it?

After an Exo kit, sure!

Overweight...yes. Still the lightest thing to ever roll off Hummer's line. And for $100K more, I'll skip the H1. Can't even park that thing anywhere.
not to mention they are FUGLY, also the h-1 and h-2 have the most consumer compalint of any other new car!!! dont waste your money, personally im happy with the POS chevy i drive now!!
H3 holds it's value better than anything in it's class. Touche'!
They have only been out for a year (H3), see how they hold their value after a few years. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I'm just saying there is better options available, but thats just my .02
Ronster Wrote:They have only been out for a year (H3), see how they hold their value after a few years. I'm not trying to talk you out of it, I'm just saying there is better options available, but thats just my .02

Whatever I've got has to be a DD first. I'd say over 1/2 the rigs on this site are having serious mechinical problems. Just want something to join in on trail rides one day, then PCS on wheels down to Florida the next if needed. Got the wife and kid (soon to be plural:eek: ) to think about.
got a 94 explorer... no problems yet Cool and no car payments
Most people have problems because they are highly modified vehicles and are wheeled pretty hard. Its part of buying a 4x4 (that is, if you intend to use it).
Yes, but what if they came highly capable from the factory, requiring little modification? Like the H3??? What really would it be lacking to do say, manchu?
I would pass on it, seriously. For just a bit more money you can get a Power Wagon with much more power, it can tow, has a winch and front/rear lockers stock, not to mention a solid front axle with electric swaybar disconnects(not too sure about that last one..). H3's don't hold their value, they keep their premium. Gene's Sheister has one used, asking 38k. They retail for 35....new. Affordable has one, didn't see the sticker price on them but guaranteed they're the lowest price you'll get up here.

If it had the 4200 Vortec I6 instead of the anemic I5, I'd like it a little better.

If you want super-capable, get a Rubicon Unlimited. 200 bucks for a budget boost gets you better breakover than the H3. I don't see the H3 doing manchu in the summer, from what I've read about that trail. i wouldn't expect even a Rubicon to do it.
I have a coworker with one. He wheels it every couple of weeks. For a stock vehicle he doesn't do too bad. We compared it side by side with my best friends 05 LJ Rubicon (6-sp, 4.0L). The H3 (5-sp, 3.5l) won. Better gas mileage, acceleration wasn't as good, but it had more ground clearance, more room, more comfortable seats, rode nicer, shifted smoother, crawled just about as slow, had lockers, 33's, and cost less out the door than the LJ did. (H-3's are $28,500 here before rebates.)

Yes it has IFS, but that's a hurdle that doesn't have to stop you if you drive it right. The owner of this H3 doesn't have much offroad experience but after five trips out with both the LJ and the H3, the H3 has a small dent in one of it's cross members, while the LJ has a dented in oil pan, severely dented T-case skid, dented fuel tank skid, and a bent rear tow hook. I should also mention the LJ driver has been rock crawling here for about seven years. He keeps going down trails and daring the H3 driver to follow. The H3 does every time and at this point we've heard less scraping as it goes down the trail.

I admit the H3 isn't all that bad, when compared to an 4.0L Jeep, it's pretty even.

I also am one who won't go and buy a new vehicle just to take it down the trails, but the LJ owners 97 TJ was dying fast and he fell in love with the longer wheelbase, so he jumped. The H3 owner was returning from an overseas assignment and got a heck of a deal from AAFES.

Don't tease it till you personally put it head to head with another stocker. I'm curious how it'll do compared to the new 07 Wrangler.
Ronster Wrote::dito: You can make one heck of 4x4 with half the sticker on one of those. Besides, if you spend that much up front, are you going to want to wheel it?

I did and still do :O)
Don't compare costs unless you are seriously looking for a new vehicle anyway. Because anyone can build an older vehicle for cheaper, and make it much better. But some folks like to have something that's brand new. If you compared the H3 and the LJ Rubicon side by side, it would definately be a tough call.
jeepin_al Wrote:well, it is the same as a chevy colorado, 5 Cyl......nuff said.

gamble71 Wrote:overpriced, overweight, underachieving piece of crap. Get ya a nice old jeep and make it a REALLY nice old jeep for the same money or less.

XFactor Wrote:Girls rig. They needed to stick with the traditional. H2 and H3 are cheap knockoffs. IMO.

:yeahthat: :agreed: and :dito:
:lame: Couldn't find the gay emoticon, so that one has to do.

I don't see anything wrong with the H3.. it looks better than the H2 IMO...

If I was a baller I'd buy one.. but for the price.. theres way better out there...

Some people on this site are not open minded...

It'd be cool to have a H3 wheeling with us...

Lots of rigs on this site have damage due to the fact that they were abused and beaten on... and even without that... stuff breaks when it's old / wheeled / etc... It's inevitable...

I agree with joe about the power wagon..Theres a picture of the dodge guy on the rti ramp with the power wagon.... I'd rock that truck any day.
poster childs for S*** on wheels
I don't have anything newer than an 89, so what do I have to add.
I actually like the looks of the one that just won the core racing baja 1000 (or something like that - I'm tired) it looked great and won with a 65 year old driver driving solo!

I'd like to see oon built - similar to that one. I think It'd do allright. But what do I know...
I think it would look good slammed down wi' some 24"s baby. Tint the window an' slap in a wide screen, big ballin' baby...
In MY opinion that is were they belong...

But that's me, I wouldn't wheel anything new. they all suck...
Ignore the haters. The H2 is a piece of crap and Hummer has to deal with that reputation in the H3.

I'd look at H3 if I wanted a new 4x4. I happen to like IFS in certain situations, and people who are dead-set against it are living in the past. It's a much more refined vehicle than the current Rubicon, but you can still get a stick, lockers, and 4:1 transfer case.

If you're looking for something in that range you might also look at the FJ Cruiser. Despite Toyota of North America's best effort they've managed to turn out a pretty darn good rig.
Advent Wrote:Ignore the haters. The H2 is a piece of crap and Hummer has to deal with that reputation in the H3..

Well he did ask.. seems the vast majority thinks it's a [email=S#@tbox]S#@tbox[/email] :nana: IFS Vs solid axle? well let's just say I don't see conversion kits to swap out solid axles.Confusedpank:
an IFSAS... :laugh: