Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New addition to my soon to be new garage
Well today I invested in my soon to be office. Smile I bought a 10 speed Dremel and a super accessory kit with 145 accessories :allrighty: I have never used a Dremel before but will get plenty of use out of it, as I will use it to strip the exo. I almost bought an angle grinder and a bunch of accessories for that, but that will come on the 1st lol Shop Vac too. Any suggestions on a shop vac?
XFactor Wrote:Any suggestions on a shop vac?

I found that the ShopVac brand 4.5 horse wet dry vac can take a beating.
I was looking at the shop vacs at Walmart. Not sure if I need a small one or a big one. I guess bigger is better, but if I dont need it, its a waste.
XFactor Wrote:but if I dont need it, its a waste.

No it won't be, I'll borrow it from you to use. Cool
You're going to be going through every attachment for that dremel trying to strip the exo...I'll tell you right now.
4.5" Angle Grinder and some flapper wheels is all you'll need, especially if you have it removed...It will take you days with a Dremel.
I am going to use it for the tight corners. I already bought an attachment for my drill to take off the major stuff lol...Im not the brightest but I am not the dubmstest lol
I have a 9 gallon rigid and man does it suck literaly. I know corny joke. sucked one of my girls small stuffed animals right down the tube. A little more expensive than the wal-mart ones but worth it.
Craftsman make some nice wet/dry vacs at Sears. My budy had one with a suck & blower motor, so he could blow out his garage. Lazy but smart:bad: Good Vac though.:allrighty:
Forrest Wrote:suck & blower motor

Sears you say huh, I'll be back!!
Get me one while you are there lol. Thanks for the info. I have not heard of a rigid vac where are they at?
Just remember Dave that every time you sand on the exo you remove material. Thinner=weaker. Lighter yes, but weaker. If you go with the 4.5"-5" angle grinder, go with a wire wheel instead of sanders. That paint will fly off of those bars. Just make sure to wear glasseseses...
I got a wire wheel to use with my drill.
I have a 18 gallon 6.5 hp wet dry shop vac from sears I think I paid 80 something for it. The best shop vac I've used.
AK20 Wrote:Sears you say huh, I'll be back!!

I might have to pick up one too, as long as they have the 4" hose. Cool
I got a Craftsman shopvac. Pretty nice. Regularly 69.99 got it for 49.99. It comes with 10 ft hose and 6 attachements. Went to Lowes and Home Depot looking at tools to compliment the garage. All night I heard...What are you going to do with that. I replied...Whatever I want :O).