Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motor Rebuild
I want to start doing this rebuild SOON.... like yesterday.

I'm tired of web wheeling.

I got a newer block, crank , rods and all the other snaz for a full rebuild.. along with new valves (just incase)...

All that is sitting at my house.... I want to toss it in the zuk which is at Kevin's house....

If you do in fact know how to rebuild a motor and you WILL make time to help me. It is appreciated.. I want to wheel...

I have no clue as of where I should even start when it comes to this.... so if someone knows what they are doing and can make time to help... PM ME and let me know. I have 3 days a week off of work.......
Well... I DON'T know how to rebuild a motor, but I am more than willing to learn and help. :allrighty: Name the time and place. :allrighty:
Patience, gr****opper! 1 week from today it will be in the garage.
ChevyKev Wrote:Patience, gr****opper! 1 week from today it will be in the garage.

Sorry - Been web wheeling too long... I am going crazy. I want to get out and in the trails instead of reading BS on the forums... 1 week it's going in!!!.... Let's knock this crap out. Smile :allrighty:
Take the block down to a machine shop and have them install the cam bearings?
AK20 Wrote:Take the block down to a machine shop and have them install the cam bearings?

Foreign langauge... what?
You have a rebuild kit correct, did it come with cam bearings or are they already installed in the new block?
LNS, let me help you out...AK20- No cam bearings. SOHC rids on the aluminum of the head. You run it out of oil, you buy a new head!
Hopefully Monday or Tuesday of next week I'll get to put the cylinder head back on the burban. What might be more practical is to bring me the engine and let me assemble it at my house. We can then throw it in the back of the integra and trash your interior while you take it back out to Kev's. lol
akdsmer Wrote:LNS, let me help you out...AK20- No cam bearings. SOHC rids on the aluminum of the head. You run it out of oil, you buy a new head!

Ahhh, ok...I don't know Zuk motors, that's why I threw the question mark at the end. Thought that was something he could do while he waits until next week.

John, no more listening to me when it comes to Zuki:nope: :allrighty:
AK20 Wrote:Ahhh, ok...I don't know Zuk motors, that's why I threw the question mark at the end. Thought that was something he could do while he waits until next week.

Don't listen to me either. I was going to take those cam bearings and see if I could fix your muffler bearings (they sound worn out to me)!
AK20 Wrote:Ahhh, ok...I don't know Zuk motors, that's why I threw the question mark at the end. Thought that was something he could do while he waits until next week.

lol

Kelly, I got the block / rebuild kit / crank / and I think 3 newer rods... so you couldn't really assemble it without being with the zuk as well.
I'm down for wrenchwork, I could use some hands-on lessons about building an engine, last time I really worked on an engine internally was in 10th grade for a single semester.