Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Drags
Hey guys. Looking to get the mud drags back in Fairbanks. There will only be one race this year in Delta at the end of the summer. I have things setup for the Mitchell but I am looking for help and input from others. I think I have a line on equipment and help to make the pits. But there are other things needed. I will need people to help with setup and support during races. Trying to find lights to use. Bleachers are needed for seating since they will be done behind the bleachers at the Mitchell. Some kind of fencing to keep people out of pits and such. Also an idea of how many people are actually interested in racing this year. Any input would help. Lets bring the mud drags back to Alaska. Delta was the last place doing it. Alaska is the last place you would think wouldnt have mud races.
i dont have any bleachers or lights or fencing of the like, but im open for any labor you need!!! brandon 3474284
I'd like to mud drag.. but I drive a Samurai.. we don't drag anything but our own feet Sad

I wouldn't mind paying and going to the event though Smile
What's 'the Mitchell'?
i think AO should collectivly as a group help with the event, maybe something for next meetings topics??? maybe we could then have our own showdown at the endBig Grin
advent, mitchel raceway
4x4_MMMH_4x4 Wrote:i think AO should collectivly as a group help with the event, maybe something for next meetings topics??? maybe we could then have our own showdown at the endBig Grin

IMO : I think we should worry about what we got on our slate already... (Meet and Greet / Nenana Project)

but I'm going off topic Sad
LowNSlowNeon Wrote:IMO : I think we should worry about what we got on our slate already... (Meet and Greet / Nenana Project)

but I'm going off topic Sad

I agree with LNS. We are over extending ourselves.
true... what about those of us who will probably not make it to M&G, iono, i still think it should be brought up at the next meeting...
X 3....I am up for putting theX in it. Of course without the exo on it. John the zuk might do good. To light to sink in the mud. lol.
Where is the Mitchell Raceway?
grrrrrrr... wow man... off of peger a bit... i think its peger road anyways...
Yep, go down peger, keep going past van horn, cross the track and hang a left, go down a little bit and it's on your right.
Oh. The ice track. I didn't realize it had an official name.
not the south cushman/south lathrop ice track if thats what you are thinking...
Well if you guys decide to lend support that would be great. I am working on getting a schedule setup for when the races will be held. We are thinking about doing three or four of them. They would be on a saturday most likely. Two in June and one or two in July. Still a little time yet. This week my goal is to secure the equipment for the dirt work. If we cant come up with lights this year it will probably be like they used to do it with stopwatches. But I am hoping for lights. Anyone is welcome to race and the more the merrier. Its a great bunch of people who race and they are really friendly. I will also have a spare set pf 36 super swampers on chevy 6 lug pattern if anyone might need to borrow tires to race with. They work pretty well but I am going to 38 boggers this year.
[Image: DSC00977.jpg]

Last year was the first and only time i've done any racing. I was intimidated by the tree and the lights. Stopwatch would be ifne, IMO.
AFAIK, the pits were made with a rototiller last year. I have one I would use/lend, if it comes down to it.
There's several winches in the club, if we absolutely cannot get a loader, there's always that option for recoveries.
I'd run this season if my TJ were running. But as it is, I dont' think that will happen. No, I'm not taking the ZJ.
Bleachers? I have absolutely no idea where one could get that. Fencing? What do you have in mind? I have 150' of welded wire fencing, 3' tall.
Well I was kinda thinking of that orange plastic fence. Just need to seperate the pit area from the spectators. Wont know how much needed till it thaws out at the mitchell and I can get a good look at the area she said we could use.
LNS, the last mudbogs I participated in, the final for the 4 and 6 cylinders was 2 zukis. Mine on 33s and another on 31s. I won 2 of the 3 heats.

Also, I was the one who went out and chewed up the mud before the drags. They not only can do it, but can actually cruise (I won't tell you how in case we run together...j/k) through it pretty well.

With so many 6 cylinders out ther (and a desire to win!), I won't do it again unless there is a 4 cylinder class.

I'll help were I can!
IF I am up and running..... and there is a 4 cylinder class... I wouldnt mind doing it.. I'd probably get stuck but meh Smile
If there were at least three or four 4 cylinders that might make it enogh for a seperate class. I dont see why not.
I can pretty much gurantee you there will be atleast 3 4 cylinders if not more out there.
Holeproof Ind. would like to help but we don't have anything you asked for. I may be free to volunteer some of my time. I ran the Delta Mud Drags in my YJ a few years back, everyone made fun until they saw how fast it was. I had planed on building a mud truck but things got a little backed up on my plate and my normal 4x4 rigs are down. At the very least I could post race times and dates on my web site. Please feel free to contact me.
Eric
holeski@holeproofindustries.com
I sure do appreciate all the support you guys are showing. Havent quite got the dirt work commitment yet but I just wanted to say thank you.
I know where some bleacher frames are, that the guy might be willing to say - you haul you can have. No wood planks for seats though. I'll call and see what he has to say.

Also, I'd like to see mud drags in Fairbanks, and would love to volunteer some time, but I have a bad habit of overextending myself - so I'll leave it that if I can, I'll help when and where.