Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dana 44 axles
what size tire can i run on a ramcharger with stock axles, its an 84, and i assume its got a dana 44 up front no clue bout the back. i wana try to runs 35s with just a one inch body lift and lots of trimming. does that sound doable to you guys?
That's a loaded question. I never really want to suggest a tire size to someone. But with 35's you should be fine. Too many things come into play like triving style, terrain, what tires, condition of parts and such.
Some will say as long as you don't run a front locker that you will be good. I had a a open axle with 31's and a 350-hp motor, I abused the heck out of it and never had a problem. My bug is going to have a locker in it, Kevin suggested to upgrade axle shafts, I am also going to a 38" tire though.
i like to floor it, and can i put a locker in the back?
My front 44 survived with a locker powered by a big block with 35's. When I moved up to 38's, I had problems keeping it in one piece.
I had no probs with a 44 fornt and no locker and 38.5's

Put a locker in and went snappy-snappy
i ran my 35 pits and a 383 on my 44 for alittle while until i went tons and 39s. had noproblems, it was opened though.
Heavy right foot then 33's, you can live all day long on 40's with moderate throttle... 44's with a soft touch will be fine... Your style will make it work.
74blazerboy Wrote:i ran my 35 pits and a 383 on my 44 for alittle while until i went tons and 39s. had noproblems, it was opened though.

Except I have your old axle and you had problems you didn't know about - pinion bearings are shot as wella s axleshaft u-joints.