Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6.2 diesel help
i have a suburban with a 6.2 it run great it has 36inch hummer tires but my biggest problem is its gutless, when u hit the mud it goes a lil and its like a brick wall and the engine cant spin the tires its like it just stops due to no power is there anything i can do to help cause i wanna go on the trail ride saturday?? i heard turning up the injector pump but i dont want to mess it up.
I can help you turn up the pump. One thing with a 6.2 and tires that big is that anytime you are offroad, use 4Lo, the 6.2 will "hit the brick wall" if you try and wheel it in 4 hi. If the tranny isn't downshifting on it's own, yank it down into 1st....

what gear ratio does your burb have?

with a turned up 6.2 and 5.24 gears. my Hummer can spin the 42 Irok's enough to go muddin and hill climbing, but only when in 4Lo and 1st and 2nd on the TH400.

With big tires and no turbo, you gotta gear down and wind that diesel out!!! One good thing about the 6.2 is you can run them at the rev limit all day.... I have run mine at 3400 plus RPM for hours on the highway (65-70 with 5.24's and 37's when stock).
Yal, if your not whailing on a 6.2 your not going anywhere.