Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
454 or 502
for my blazer I want some more ponies. I want to wheel with you guys, and I want to mud drag as well.

I am in a tight decision making process RIGHT now.
I have located a 454 big block in a truck for my blazer. this is EFI (fuel injected motor) for $500- IN ANCHORAGE

I have also located a 500 big block Cadillac motor... (this is carburated motor) also for $500 - IN NORTH POLE

The 454 is in anchorage and still in the truck. and I need to get a wiring harness ($150 @ MSI). The truck it is in has had a fire in the engine compartment. I am scheduled to pick this up FRIDAY. (headed down to anch) Im going to anchorage anyway for some leisure time. So it just makes sense to make the most of the trip and bring back some bacon! (454). The 454 was running before the fire. I do not have much use for the rest of the truck. the tranny is good and the rest of the drive train is good as well. the body is fair, (except the front clip)..

BUT!!
tonight I just discovered the 500 caddy motor on craigslist located in North Pole. I think its a 502.. Ive never heard of a 500 caddy. it ran 2 years ago when it was pulled.

so... I would love to hear/ read some responses before I pull Kevin's trailer halfway across Alaska.

you can also text me 907 five 9 zero 30 77
(i wont be at a computer most of the day)
there is a 500 caddy engine my buddy has on in his 2 wheel drive race truck.. i know where there is a caddy engine that u more likely can have just to get rid of the whole car.
Those Caddy motors are great, I'd run one.
Duh - bigger is better!

Though the efi vs carb conundry is always there.

If you go Caddy - get the off-road carb!
big_bad_jeep Wrote:there is a 500 caddy engine my buddy has on in his 2 wheel drive race truck.. i know where there is a caddy engine that u more likely can have just to get rid of the whole car.
uh.... where? does it run?(the motor)
i dont know anything about it,. the car is in the woods across the street from my house its been there for years the car is all painted up and beat up thats why i said u can probly have it. i can talk to the landlord for ths place and see if u can just have it.. if u went to the drag races there in np when they had it out on the highway my friend was in it with his truck its a tan and white 73 chevy
im gonna go efi. 454.

After i acquire the 3500 chevy (1993) I will swap in the 350 from the blazer and sell the 93 chevy. anyone want the 350 tbi motor and truck ? money or trades Smile

not looking for too much. trade for a winch bumper or around $1000 with the motor and truck (separate) $1500 with them together- installed. or best offers.

ill make a for sale post. pm me if interested/cant find the post
If you want big power but simple and easy to work on on the trail r in the pits 500 caddy all the way .

Brook on 4x4 network runs one in his freak awsome motor tons of torque down low .

Efi doesnt like water , and i love the holley truck advenger carb super easy to adjust all from the outside . It will run on just about any angle but upside down .
I dont like water either. I like mud though. when i put the wiring in i shall water proof it to the best of my ability.
The 454 is the motor i am going with because it is newer. the caddy motor sounded like it was in a rust bucket that nobody cared for. (which is why its goign for cheap) When I get the motor out I will discuss a rebuild on it with kevin at Knights Truck Farm after we look it over. I would like to push about 500-600 hp. no more.
A 500 cad has 450hp and 500 ft. lbs torque stock. An intake, carb and some tuning you can have 500+hp easy.