Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
narrow 31" tire?
Perhaps in a 16" wheel?

Here's why.
In my ZJ, I tote around a 31x10.50R15 (full-size) spare. In the cargo compartment. It takes up too much room. I was wondering if I could run something like a 215/90 tire for a spare. Do they make anything like that? I don't care about wheel diameter. I'll run a 16" spare for 15" wheels.
I think something like a 245-75-16 might be close to what your lookin for?
But that's going to be nearly as wide as the 10.5 that's in there. at least, not enough narrower to make it worth the expense of converting.
But I have heard of that size, so that's a plus.
Maybe I'll try tirerack.com and see what's even available.
What kind of tires are you rinning? Are they tall 31s? I have 2 33x9.5s?:bad: :allrighty:
They're street tires right now. There's absolutely no room for a 33" diameter spare in the rear cargo area, but :thanks:
That's why I carried my 31 in an overhead basket until I found a vetro carrier recently.

I like having it on the back. I lost a little departure angle with the carrier, but I do hope to build (or should I say pay for) a rear bumper with a better tire carrier within the next year or so and that will free up my carrier.

This carrier will handle 35's without a problem though.
So are you saying you'll most likely be selling yours in a year or so?
Geoff, I run 245/75/16 on my WJ. They are a little narrower than the true 31's. Got mine from tire rack.
you can buy a 30x9.5r15 for as low as $70.
30s are too small. and 9.5s, while narrower, don't provide enough of an advantage to justify the conversion.

Keep the inputs coming!
They don't make a 90, but they do make a 85. Here is one I found that is a MT...
Firestone Destination M/T
(Off Road Max. Traction)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results [Image: fs_destination_mt_obl_ci2_s.jpg][Image: 4.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Size: 215/85R16
Serv. Desc: 110/107Q
Load Rating D
Price: $126.00 (each)
Estimated Availability: Low Stock
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Add Studding: $15 each
[Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][Image: wish_list_mini.gif]

This tire size on a 16 wheel is 30.4x8.5
on a 15 wheel it is 29.4x8.5
Would this work for what you are looking for?

Your first selection 215/90 on 16's would have only been 31.2x8.5 and on 15's 30.2x8.5.
Could work some numbers, what exactly in width and hight do you want to try and get. I'll see if I can get you some tire sizes close to it?
Height needs to be 31. I'd say within an inch of that.
Width, nothing specific, just narrower than I have now (10.5).
And it doesn't need to be MT. I hope to not have to use it.
Yes, if Holeproof industries can help me out with a good rear bumper, my carrier is going to be sold.
I think a 215/85/16 will work then. If you want to run 15 inch rims, a 275/75/15 is about the best size to 31 and still under 10.5...
215/85/16=30.4x8.5
275/75/15=31.2x8.12 Not an easy tire to find either. Best bet is the 16" wheel. Tire rack has several other tires in that size that aren't MT....

Here's the list of AT tires.....
Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
(Off Road All-Terrain)
SPECIAL OFFER:Get a $75 rebate on four of these tires.
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results [Image: bs_dueler_at_revo_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 4.5.gif]Sidewall Style: Outlined White Letters

Size: 215/85RR16
Serv. Desc: 110/107R
Load Rating D
Price: $127.00 (each)
Estimated Availability: In Stock
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm0.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm0.target='';document.forms.tireForm0.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm0.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm0.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm0.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm0.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm0.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm0.target='';document.forms.tireForm0.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
(Off Road All-Terrain)
SPECIAL OFFER:Get a $75 rebate on four of these tires.
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results [Image: bs_dueler_at_revo_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 4.5.gif]Sidewall Style: Outlined White Letters

Serv. Desc: 115/112R
Load Rating E
Price: $142.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm1.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm1.target='';document.forms.tireForm1.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm1.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm1.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm1.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm1.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm1.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm1.target='';document.forms.tireForm1.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Firestone Transforce AT
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews [Image: fs_transforce_at_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 4.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Load Rating E
Price: $121.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm2.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm2.target='';document.forms.tireForm2.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm2.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm2.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm2.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm2.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm2.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm2.target='';document.forms.tireForm2.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

General AmeriTrac TR
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results [Image: ge_ameritrac_tr_bw_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 4.5.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Size: 215/85SR16
Serv. Desc: 110/107S
Load Rating D
Price: $88.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm3.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm3.target='';document.forms.tireForm3.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm3.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm3.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm3.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm3.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm3.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm3.target='';document.forms.tireForm3.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

General AmeriTrac TR
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results [Image: ge_ameritrac_tr_bw_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 4.5.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Serv. Desc: 115/112S
Load Rating E
Price: $82.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm4.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm4.target='';document.forms.tireForm4.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm4.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm4.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm4.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm4.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm4.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm4.target='';document.forms.tireForm4.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results [Image: gy_wrangler_at_s_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 3.5.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Serv. Desc: 115/112Q
Load Rating E
Price: $133.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm5.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm5.target='';document.forms.tireForm5.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm5.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm5.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm5.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm5.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm5.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm5.target='';document.forms.tireForm5.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmor
(Off Road All-Terrain)
SPECIAL OFFER:Get a $40 cash card with four of these tires.
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews [Image: wrangler_silentarmor_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 4.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Price: $141.00 (each) Special
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm6.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm6.target='';document.forms.tireForm6.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm6.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm6.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm6.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm6.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm6.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm6.target='';document.forms.tireForm6.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Kumho Road Venture AT KL-78
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews [Image: ku_rd_vnt_at_kl78_owl_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 3.gif]Sidewall Style: Outlined White Letters

Size: 215/85QR16
Serv. Desc: 115/112Q
Load Rating E
Price: $83.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm7.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm7.target='';document.forms.tireForm7.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm7.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm7.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm7.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm7.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm7.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm7.target='';document.forms.tireForm7.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Michelin LTX A/T
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results [Image: mi_ltx_at_s.jpg] [Image: 3.5.gif]Sidewall Style: Outlined Black Letters
Outlined White Letters Shown

Serv. Desc: 110/107R
Load Rating D
Price: $141.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm8.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm8.target='';document.forms.tireForm8.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm8.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm8.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm8.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm8.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm8.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm8.target='';document.forms.tireForm8.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Yokohama Geolandar A/T Plus II
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Test Results | Survey Results [Image: yo_geo_at_plus_s.jpg] [Image: 4.gif]Sidewall Style: Outlined White Letters

Serv. Desc: 110/107S
Load Rating D
Price: $96.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm9.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm9.target='';document.forms.tireForm9.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm9.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm9.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm9.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm9.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm9.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm9.target='';document.forms.tireForm9.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]
Yokohama Super Digger IV Y811
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty [Image: yo_super_digger_iv_y811_s.jpg] [Image: 3.gif]Sidewall Style: Raised Black Letters

Load Rating D
Price: $95.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm10.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm10.target='';document.forms.tireForm10.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm10.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm10.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm10.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm10.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm10.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm10.target='';document.forms.tireForm10.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Yokohama Super Digger IV Y811
(Off Road All-Terrain)
Overview | Specs | Warranty [Image: yo_super_digger_iv_y811_s.jpg] [Image: 3.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Load Rating E
Price: $113.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm11.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm11.target='';document.forms.tireForm11.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm11.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm11.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm11.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm11.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm11.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm11.target='';document.forms.tireForm11.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Firestone Destination M/T
(Off Road Max. Traction)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews | Survey Results [Image: fs_destination_mt_obl_ci2_s.jpg] [Image: 4.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Serv. Desc: 110/107Q
Load Rating D
Price: $126.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Add Studding: $15 each
[url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm12.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm12.target='';document.forms.tireForm12.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm12.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm12.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm12.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm12.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm12.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm12.target='';document.forms.tireForm12.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]

Michelin XPS Traction
(Off Road Max. Traction)
Overview | Specs | Warranty | Reviews [Image: mi_xps_traction_s.jpg] [Image: 3.5.gif]Sidewall Style: Blackwall

Load Rating E
Price: $201.00 (each)
Qty:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm13.action='/cart/AddItem.jsp';document.forms.tireForm13.target='';document.forms.tireForm13.shipquote.value='N';document.forms.tireForm13.submit()][Image: add_cart_nohazard.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm13.shipquote.value='Y';window.open('','ShipWindow','width=500,height=400,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');document.forms.tireForm13.target='ShipWindow';document.forms.tireForm13.submit()][Image: ship_quote_mini.gif][/url][url=javascript:document.forms.tireForm13.action='/upgrade_garage/AddToWishlist.jsp';document.forms.tireForm13.target='';document.forms.tireForm13.submit()][Image: wish_list_mini.gif][/url]